Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me please?

Does anyone know anything about dealers personally using the Wildcats for a set period of time, then entering a pin number into the ECU and resetting it? I had heard that they are set to cut out and limit the throttle at 4500rpm's at a pre-determined time. And then the dealer is to punch in a code to reset the display. I am looking for specifics. Is it 4500rpm in high and low? Or is it ~5400 in high and 4500 in low? Are they all set to 5 hours of use? Or can it be set up for different times?

I am asking because I have a problem with my Wildcat. My gear selector is messed up and reading "E" in Park and Low gear. It reads "N" in Neutral, Reverse, and High gear. Also when I get up to 4500 rpm's in low it limits. And 5400 in high. But are these problems from the same thing? Or is it coincidence? The problem started at 20 hours.

Does this Arctic Cat/dealer ECU set up also change the display on your gear selection?

This could save me a lot of time and possibly alot of money if I can find out the scoop on how all of that works. Anyone on good enough terms with a dealer to find out?

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
There's no reset of the ecu, having an "e" on the display simply means the shifter linkage needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That's correct on the linkage adjustment. The atvs do the same thing. I just got mine today and they had punch in a pin number in the gauge to get it out of limp mode. Before then it would only rev to 4500 rpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wildcats come though with a setting that only 5 hours can be on the machine before it is sold and warranty/registered. If the 5 hours gets exceed before it is sold, the machine goes into limp mode and will not go above 4500 rpm.

Can anyone help me please?

Does anyone know anything about dealers personally using the Wildcats for a set period of time, then entering a pin number into the ECU and resetting it? I had heard that they are set to cut out and limit the throttle at 4500rpm's at a pre-determined time. And then the dealer is to punch in a code to reset the display. I am looking for specifics. Is it 4500rpm in high and low? Or is it ~5400 in high and 4500 in low? Are they all set to 5 hours of use? Or can it be set up for different times?

I am asking because I have a problem with my Wildcat. My gear selector is messed up and reading "E" in Park and Low gear. It reads "N" in Neutral, Reverse, and High gear. Also when I get up to 4500 rpm's in low it limits. And 5400 in high. But are these problems from the same thing? Or is it coincidence? The problem started at 20 hours.

Does this Arctic Cat/dealer ECU set up also change the display on your gear selection?

This could save me a lot of time and possibly alot of money if I can find out the scoop on how all of that works. Anyone on good enough terms with a dealer to find out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
BUF114
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing