Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - quick (possibly stupid) question ... I have a track (bought cheap) which looks decent but which has all of the track guides gone except for maybe 1/2 dozen (i.e. hy-fax running on the rubber of the track). Today was the first time I gave it a good fast long run and I noticed a very pronounced burning rubber smell. It also seemed that when I stopped (to check the source of the smell) that the hyfax was 'sticking' to the track rubber. (Hyfax is brand new). Seems to me that without those clips the track (or the hyfax?) is going to wear out very very quickly. Can a track last for long without the clips/track guides?

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are melting your track, the clips are there for a reason not just because. Snow between the metal and plastic lubricates and keeps heat from build up. Rubber is sticky and does not slide well creating heat which equals ruined track. There is a special tool to put the clips on.
track clip tool - Bing Images

The clips cost $ .75 a piece plus or minus a bit and the tool $75. and you really need an impact gun to make the job easy. See why you got the track cheap.

No the track will not last long at all without the clips if it is not ruined already

·
Registered
693 Posts
The dealer replaced a bunch of clips for me on my old Ski-Doo. It was cheap. Just do it, in the long run it will save you money and hassle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts