Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok.. i had to replace the bearing of the drive shaft of my 03 MC 900. i orded two bearings and one of them was obviously the right one (the one with the locking colar)

now im not sure if i have the right bearing that goes onto the chain casing side. the original bearing had an o-ring around it to seal the oil in (picture below) the new bearing that was sent to me doesnt have the o-ring. It has a different seal. not sure how it seals the oil?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I never use the seal or the o-ring. I just put a light wipe of silicone on the shaft before putting the bearing on. Never had a leak that way and never had any problem getting the bearing off. I also do the same on the outer race of the bearing. When removing the od silicone just rolls off of the surface. Don't put too much, just a very light wipe will do.

I also just get my bearings at the farm supply store for about $8 each instead of being raped by ordering from the dealer.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's the updated bearing w/ seal
The seal really only goes on one way... Kind of needs to stretched on with the thin lip towards bearing.
Or like 109jb says... Throw it away and use silicone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts