Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a purple skid plate on ebay. As you can see in my pic that I have a white sled. I also put purple hood screens on but I put those on after I took the pic. I was wondering if the purple screens and the purple skid plate you look a little too fruity or would it look good? The auction says its for a 1998 zr 500, it would still work on my sled wouldn't it?[attachment=60786:Close_up_resized.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Personally, nothing against you, but I think purple has no place on an arctic cat, thats what XLT's are for! But its your call I think I looks good the way it is!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think the purple looks good on the white hood but thats IMO. I guess I won't try for the belly pan and try to incorperate a little more green on my sled.

Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
A buddy had a ZL with purple accessories and it looked a little femmy, So I would steer clear of purple, with the screens you can always paint them, but the skid is a different story.Good luck, and he got a lot of crap for purple, fyi

·
Registered
34 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mustangnut6788 @ Jan 15 2007, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Personally, nothing against you, but I think purple has no place on an arctic cat, thats what XLT's are for! But its your call I think I looks good the way it is![/b]
Hey! My wife drives a 96 Cougar 550 with a lot of purple trim. LOL It was clutched and studded by Dimmerman Brothers and really moves for a 550. Purple looks great on that model Cougar but it is a little feminine looking. I’d say paint the screens orange and look for an orange skid plate. Orange front springs would look good too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Green or Orange would look great... purple doesn't seem to "ring" on that sled. Purple is my favorite color too, so no prejudice there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts