Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I'm not 100% that this is appropriate for this subforum, but I think so.

I'm restoring a vintage sled for my son to learn on (1979 Lynx with a cheetah 340 motor) and I want to do some custom lettering for him. He wants to name his machine "the sleeper," so I order some vinyl letters with very strong adhesive. This is going to go on the side of the sled, between the bottom of the seat and the top of the footrests (basically, the outside of the tunnel). So, they will be affixed to the painted metal there. The question I have is what can I use as an extra protection on the outside of the lettering to keep them on/protected from abuse/tearing? I was thinking of something like an ultra clear brush on lacquer, but just don't have any experience with this sort of thing and don't know if that would last or even would work in the first place.

Any advice would be SO welcomed!

Thanks much, you all.

Matthew

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have no 1st hand experience with this product, but I would look into the clear vinyl adhesive rocker panel protective covers used for pick-up trucks sold at many automotive outlets. My $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
DrDoug
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing