Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thumb warmer died on my '05 Touring. The same thing happened on my '04 years ago, replaced the element and was off and running again. A $20 dollar fix if I recall correctly.

Looked up the '05 PN (0609-697) at Country Cat to find it was going to cost $60.00! Bit the bullet and ordered one.

Got an email today that the part is NLA.

Did a little searching it it looks like the 02 - 04 4-Strokes use a 0609-557, still $60 bucks but it looks like I can get one of those. Plug looks the same, I can't see what the difference is.

Took a look at the '06+ 660s and they use another PN! This one uses a different plug as they used different controls by then.

Not sure what makes the '05 special but I'm going to order an '04 unit and go with it. AC's part situation is getting frustrating.

The older 2-Stroke H/L thumb warmers are cheaper, the T660 units all say 15vdc on them though. I wonder if the 2-Stoke ones ran at a higher voltage?

K

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know how they would generate that higher voltage so I doubt it but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night........

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of feel like back in the early days of hand warmers you had to tap the unregulated voltage but doing a little reading it looks like most are 12v now.

I have zero clue what the 15v mean on the 4-Stoke warmers. When I replace my broken one I'll put the meter on the plugs and see what I find. If the cheaper AC or even cheaper aftermarket ones would a have worked I'll feel a little bit taken. :)

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts