Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought uni snowpods for my 97zrt 600 this year. I re-adjusted the air screw and the idle but have not had any snow to test the tune of the carbs yet. Is it safe to keep the stock main and pilot jets and not move the needle any spaces. I would like to have a base setting to start with. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
207 Posts
You might be ok, does it backfire at all? When ya get some snow warm it up ride along about 15-20mph and hit the kill switch and check the spark plugs and see what they look like.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
1st time out, just putt around and get it warmed up. After it is warmed up, just go on a 100 yard 50mph sustained "cruise" and then hit the kill switch and grab the brake and come to a sliding stop. Check the plugs. If they look ok, then do the same thing but go a bit further. After the "cruise" looks good then you do the same thing with your WOT. DO a short 2-3 second blast and kill it. Check the plugs. Adjust accordingly. When you get them to look good with 2-3 second blasts then do 4-5 second blasts. Make sure you're in a nice flat area where you can see and be seen. Be carefuill coming to a sliding stop. It is a little bit unsafe to do it this way, but it will give you the best results. That is the way I check my plugs and if I can do a 5-6 seond blast with 230+hp and come to a fast but reasonable stop on the snow, then you should too. Just don't so any long cruising or WOT blasts until you have done some short ones and are happy with the plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No backfiring and the plugs look good but I think I have to adjust the needle clip to make it more rich in the mid range because I feels like it has a flat spot in the middle it the power band. we need more snow here we only have two inches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts