Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 f7 efi. It has a speedwerx single pipe,black magic head,and a y-pipe. Do I need the fuel controller for these mods? It's real hard on gas and leaves alot of black soot in the snow. But Iam not sure how to tune it in as all these aftermarket parts were on it when I bought it. And it's kinda boogy and sputtery unless its wide open

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
hmm??? that doesnt sound good. Run some seafoam through your tank. F7's are pretty good on fuel. Adleast mine is...? And it runs clean.

What oil do you use?

And yes you will need a boondocker, or get the 2006 ECU mapping. 2003 are lean in the mid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run the artic cat apv synthetic stuff. And I have a pure logic fuel controller instead of a boon. Maybe the controller is set up too rich? There's six different tuning modes. Think maybe the fuel pull mode is too high but that mode needs the most experience to tune as u can lean her way out. It also only revs 7600 that normal?

·
Registered
205 Posts
do you have the stock y pipe and pipe.? run it with out your programmer. should get to 7950-8000 rpm.

i have d-d y pipe and bmp pipe and stock fuel system, 06 f7 efi.

later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No don't have the stock gear. It also has a black magic head too
Any1 know about pure logic controllers?

·
Registered
205 Posts
i know nothing about pure logic.?

do you have any friends with stock pipes? or maybe find a wrecker to buy te stock stuff. you need a base line too get it runnng right.

do you know the specs on your head.? find some race fuel and just run your stock fuel system. other than the head everything can be run withut your controller.

hope others chime in to help.

Reactions: Newfiee
1 - 7 of 7 Posts