Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the recent idle issues i've been haveing I'm gonna pull my carb off in the morning and clean it, I've never touched a carb before so if anyone has any helpful hint for a newbe lay them on me

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Still giving you trouble? Never had one of these apart but i would do it the same way i use to do chainsaws and lawnmower carbs, Make sure you have a clean place to work and when you take the carb apart lay everything on a clean surface in the order you take apart! Then you can clean each part as you put back together.Also its nice to use a little air on them but make sure your not blwing carb parts every were.

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
Focus on cleaning all the passages in the carb, and blowing all the jets out as well. Compressed air is the best way to do this,but a good swish may help. Its amazing how a small grain of dirt can affect a carb. There arent that many parts to remove, so it should be fairly simple. And just remember, if you have any problems,,WE GOT YOUR BACK, BRO!!! Cat happy

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i have no exp with the v2, but have saw do not split the carbs. don't get carb cleaner on the slide seal and don't mix things up there pretty simple really. read jetting 101 in pinned, not sure there's any v2 specific stuff but most things are general.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yes to that and only do one at a time! That way things don't get all mixed up! We got faith in ya Will go for it!

·
Registered
401 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mainerider @ Nov 15 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes to that and only do one at a time! That way things don't get all mixed up! We got faith in ya Will go for it![/b]

i did one at a time mainly so that when i screwed the first one up id be able to look at the second one and make it right. as was already mentioned be carful with the compressed air, i blew a jet across my garage and it took a lot of searching to find it (my garage is a mess). be sure to clean the choke plungers real good along with lubbing the cable. the chokes on this are horrible.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Completely disassemble all gasoline wetted parts.
Keep track of where everything goes and and how it comes out or off.
Don't get too strong arm with it, Drop it, or loose anything.
Soak in carburetor cleaner for at least an hour.
Do not soak any rubber parts in carburetor cleaner.
Blow out every passageway with compressed air/
Do not swap the start jet and main jet during reassembly.
Make sure the Cap over the diaphragm is seated fully during reassembly.
Make sure the Slide works freely after reassembly.
Expect half-assed results if you do a half-assed job
And Have FUN DOING IT know you just saved yourself a ton of money

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flushot70 @ Nov 15 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mainerider @ Nov 15 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes to that and only do one at a time! That way things don't get all mixed up! We got faith in ya Will go for it![/b]

i did one at a time mainly so that when i screwed the first one up id be able to look at the second one and make it right. as was already mentioned be carful with the compressed air, i blew a jet across my garage and it took a lot of searching to find it (my garage is a mess). be sure to clean the choke plungers real good along with lubbing the cable. the chokes on this are horrible.
[/b][/quote]

Oh man, that is funny as hell, because I can relate to it in different ways.
Its one of those it just happened, pause, oh ****, and I cant believe I just did
that moment. slaphappy

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like I got off easy Cat happy after puliing the front plastic off I drained the bowls and sprayed a azz load of carb cleaner up in them, an after that it worked !!! it idles fine now i just hope I removed the clog by doing that an not just moved it thanks for all the advice

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hope it cured your problem! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts