Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering buying a 2013 Arctic Cat TRV 550 or 700 for riding 2 up but I cannot find much info about these units other than on the AC website. These may be dumb questions, but I have not had my hands on one of these yet as there are none in stock near me. Are these fuel injected or carbureted motors, and do they have a pull start as a back up? Are the springs or shocks adjustable for ride stiffness? The website also says the TRV 550 and 700 are the same price, is this true and why? Im sure I will have more questions soon...

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
both efi...both have adjustable shocks...neither have pull starts (useless on efi in my opinion) Either its to dead and the efi wont work anyway or its not totally dead and you wreck your shoulder trying to pull it over. In my opinion buy a good battery and carry on ive never used my pull start, its probably seized anyway.

Price i have no idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We have a TRV 450-2Up... its okay on the trails but off its hurts for power. Wish we'd went with the 650 so I could get more use out of it. But it was purchased for the wife so its fulfilling its purchase and my Honda meets my needs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both efi...both have adjustable shocks...neither have pull starts (useless on efi in my opinion) Either its to dead and the efi wont work anyway or its not totally dead and you wreck your shoulder trying to pull it over. In my opinion buy a good battery and carry on ive never used my pull start, its probably seized anyway.

Price i have no idea.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a TRV 450-2Up... its okay on the trails but off its hurts for power. Wish we'd went with the 650 so I could get more use out of it. But it was purchased for the wife so its fulfilling its purchase and my Honda meets my needs.
I can get a great price (at least I think it is) on a 2013 TRV 550 LTD for $10150, but am also leaning towards trying to find the 700. We currently both ride 2 up on our Honda Rubicon 500 with no trouble or power shortage, but ride is less than great for 2 people.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont' know if thats a great price... I thought we got a great price on the 450 ($8800) out the door and that was below what the dealer was asking.

Later I found a 550 TRV-GT at Bass Pro (in their Ad) for cheaper than the 450... The local Bass Pro had a 2011 700 floor model even cheaper. All were 2 ups.

However all Arctic Cat 2 ups were far cheaper than CanAm or Polaris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont' know if thats a great price... I thought we got a great price on the 450 ($8800) out the door and that was below what the dealer was asking.

Later I found a 550 TRV-GT at Bass Pro (in their Ad) for cheaper than the 450... The local Bass Pro had a 2011 700 floor model even cheaper. All were 2 ups.

I will check that out, Thanks. I have decided on the 2013 TRV 700 LTD and lowest quoted price is 10,850 so far.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Where is this at? I just looked at Kens Sports website which is located in WI and also where I got a heck of a deal on my 2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 ($5100 out the door) and they have the Polaris 550 XP 2 up listed at $9300 where the Arctic Cat 550 XT is $10300. I didn't price out a Can Ham but I'm sure their way more expensive.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I can get a great price (at least I think it is) on a 2013 TRV 550 LTD for $10150, but am also leaning towards trying to find the 700. We currently both ride 2 up on our Honda Rubicon 500 with no trouble or power shortage, but ride is less than great for 2 people.
If you are going to ride two up I would go with the 700. You can never have too much power.

·
Administrator
40,728 Posts
1000.... Lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is this at? I just looked at Kens Sports website which is located in WI and also where I got a heck of a deal on my 2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 ($5100 out the door) and they have the Polaris 550 XP 2 up listed at $9300 where the Arctic Cat 550 XT is $10300. I didn't price out a Can Ham but I'm sure their way more expensive.
This is at Vernes in Antigo, WI. Its a 3 hour drive for me, but on my last ATV they were the cheapest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts