Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 High Country ~5800 miles

Just moved the sleds into the barn and notice a 1" crack between the two clutches starting at the top, the picture is very similar but not mine just one I found on the internet. How big a job is this to R&R? Looks like just pull the primary and secondary unbolt and reinstall? Is there more? tips/tricks? alignment or other adjustments needed?

Is it possible to have this welded?

Thanks for all input!

Automotive tire Auto part Rim Metal Bumper

·
Super Moderator
9,802 Posts
Bummer deal.
Do you have the hollow version? I can't remember when they did the change. Those would have been impossible to weld.
Swapping is pretty straight forward. If you can get the bearing off the jackshaft, the swap is simple. (It's tricky if you use a puller.) Just try to keep the jackshaft relatively close to centerline.
It might be worth checking your motor mounts while you are fixing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer deal.
Do you have the hollow version? I can't remember when they did the change. Those would have been impossible to weld.
Swapping is pretty straight forward. If you can get the bearing off the jackshaft, the swap is simple. (It's tricky if you use a puller.) Just try to keep the jackshaft relatively close to centerline.
It might be worth checking your motor mounts while you are fixing.
Yea, its the hollow style two plates webbed together I think the solid one started in '17 but that one only has 4 bolts around the bearing hub I have 6, new one arrives today will R&R tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts