Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
I run a 15amp switch for my hids you might want tou use a relay and switch if your running regular lights depending on how many watts.the stock prowler stator doesnt keep up though even with the low amp draw of the hids by the end of a night ride the battery starts dieing.sometimes need to jump it to start.sucks...

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
in-mn...no helmet laws here. I do have harnesses in the front now, and feel very safe in my cage. I don't get too crazy. I usually have a kid or 2 in back. RUV Specialties will have an alternator set up for the prowler in the next couple weeks. I have seen it and its awesome. 30 amps at idle and 70 amps while driving. No more need for extra batteries to run my lights and stereo. These are the pics for the rhino set up.
[attachment=68168:post_172...80489_1_.jpg]
[attachment=68169:post_172...80508_1_.jpg]

Attachments

· Registered
61 Posts
I bought ours 1 week before going to Dumont for a week. we had a blast with it. attached is a picture at one of the upper bowls at dumont. Having quads, sand rails, rock buggies, etc. I'm pretty impressed where the prowler went in complete stock form. Speed management is the key to dunin' a side-x-side.

A friend of mine also bought a used rhino (with a CDI box only) and we both agreed they both were pretty equal. The rhino did feel a little more comfortable or stable than the prowler, probably due to the lower CG, but he also has PRP bucket seats with 5 point harnesses. but, for performance they were pretty close. the prowler seems to pull harder at the bottom end, while the rhino has better mid range power. I think this can be overcome with some clutch work on the prowler. it simply doesn't back shift quick enough to keep the rpm's up for dune riding.

All-In-All i'm happy with the prowler for dune running. the rhino has a little better "fit and finish" than the prowler, but the bigger size and extra storage out ways that. If they would just do something about the height of the roll-cage they would double their sales. it hits the top of my door in my trailer when driving it in. I have a rock buggy on 42" swampers that is shorter.

[attachment=69259:prowler_Dumont.JPG]

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.