Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a prowler pro since December. Not much aftermarket goodies available yet. Any suggestions? What have you guys done to yours?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm real close to buying one myself and also noticed when looking for aftermarket suppliers not much available. My concern is being able to cruise at times at 50 mph. Having had yours for awhile what are your experiences with cruising speed as well smoothness on take off and reverse. I'm going to plow my own lane and yard and some side by sides are very jerky when starting. Getting back to performance mods. The 812 triple Cherry motor is used in many other brands so I'm going to look at other brand sites and see what's out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a 2020 tracker 800 sx crew which is identical to the prowler pro crew. I love it. Mine is the true timber edition plus has the trail package. So has 27s. Warn winch. Front bumper and grill guard. Hard top. Windshield. Back window all from factory. I've added sti outback max mud tires. A horn. A Bluetooth receiver, amp, and 2 speakers. Second battery box and battery. Rear LED light. Really wanting a small lift kit as the crew has such a long wheel base it drags it's belly now and then but can't find any kits. Country cat has the most accessories I've found online but it will take a little while for aftermarket to catch up.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is pretty smooth way less jerky than previous models. It may top out at 50 but it has good power, pry be a good choice to move snow with. It doesn't accelerate as fast as the HDX.

We just got back from trail riding. Took the prowler pro and our wildcat trail. The pro was very comfortable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I agree, very comfortable. I can trail ride 10 hours a day and not feel tired or worn out. I have a 10 month old, 3 year old and 5 year old and all have taken naps while riding at different times

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good feedback from both of you. Few more questions I have. Do either of you have the non power steering version? If so how heavy is the steering would power steering be better for plowing? The other thing is the winch on the front of the machine in the pic. Did you add it or was it on the machine? If you added it is it a straight Bolton or is it complicated?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine came with power steering so I can't help you there but my winch did come on it also. Pre wired 4500 on warn. It is already cut out for a winch and the fair lead bolt holes are already there so I'd say it would easy to add. Also the whole machine is pre wired for all factory accessories. There is a block under the dash with 4 or so open plugs that have fire and ground when the switch is turned on and at least 1 plug that has fire and ground at all times. Prewired to the back for light bars ECT. All are already fused and protected. So it was very easy to add amp, receiver and speakers. Lights for the rear, horn ECT. Know outs are there for 5 or 6 rocker switches to snap in and the wire block is right behind those. I haven't had to run any grounds or wires to the battery yet. Pretty awesome

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a Prowler Pro XT for about 5 months now and have about 200 miles on the clock. Best I can tell the speed is governed to 45MPH. But you need to be riding solo with a bit of a tail wind to hit that. The machine is awesome but has a few things I would like to change. The biggest complaint I have is the ground clearance. Making matters worse when I have gear in the bed and additional riders. I have a lead on a 2" lift kit for it which I am hoping makes all the difference I need. I will post a pic when I get it installed.

The rest is great, build quality is top notch, looks are excellent, handling is excellent, suspension is plush and predictable, eats bumps for breakfast, power steering and brakes are excellent, towing is excellent, bed is the biggest on the market and the strongest. I do love the Chery 3cyl it uses and the quiet operation. It is under powered though for trail riding at elevation and I have only had it to about 10k feet so far. I have had it pegged at WOT in low range for considerable spans keeping momentum up to climb hills.

For me, this is the perfect rig, I just hope the lift helps. Maybe the aftermarket guys will come up with some power mods down the road too. Chery builds engines for several other utility side by sides in this class but Textron's is heavier by a couple hundred lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is not governed and never heard or seen that on any reviews. I hit 52 before i put my heavier mud tires on and it was still climbing when I quit. Again, mine is a tracker 800 sx which is supposed to be identical so maybe they changed that. Mine definitely is not under powered either. When doing hill climbs it will break tires loose and spin but never bogs down. I came from a Honda Pioneer 700 which only made 36 hp and it would just stop on steep climbs sometimes with pedal to the floor. Not the case with the 50 hp Textron. Traction is what stops me every time. Now I'm in North Carolina foothills so almost at sea level so I'm sure you lose some umph with elevation. I agree with everything else completely. I also want a lift and would love to know where you get one when you do. My issue isn't ground clearance as I can straddle huge rocks when on flat ground. Things my Pioneer would definitely hit I can drive right over. It has over 10 inches of ground clearance. I want a lift bc the wheel base is so long on the crew that the breakover angle isn't great so it high centers now and then. Please let me know about the lift kit if you find one. I fabricated a 2 inch lift for the front and the machine sits about level now and it helped a lot but with the butterfly crossover a arms in the rear, the brackets don't work. It will have to be different ba arms or something to lift the rear. Anyway let me know if you find one. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I bet it's an elevation thing then. About all I have been able to hit is 45, empty with one rider. My property and most of my rides start around 8,000 feet. So the engine is fighting having less oxygen. I had thought it was maybe governed to 45MPH (as the Gator is and it uses the same engine). I will post a picture and some part numbers once I get the lift on. Definitely very excited for that. I am picking it up this week from a guy. I think it may be somewhat custom.

Have you done anything with your engine air intake or coolant? The intake sits a bit lower than I would like. I have never had an overheating issue either, but the fan seems to run quite a bit more than other rigs I have had.

Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would definitely order a lift from your guy so yes please let me know on that! That'd be awesome. I thought the intake was a little more also but I've been water deep enough to be standing in the floors with no problem and with an open alternator like it has that's probably as deep as it needs to go anyway lol. I haven't done anything with coolant and all but yes the fan runs a lot! We noticed that immediately. The engine is super quiet but the fan is louder than the engine haha! I told my wife that'd the first problem we'd have. Replacing the fan motor lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those of you looking for a lift kit for these prowler pro’s. Speedwerx just came out with a 3” lift. I think it’s a bit expensive but not much options at this point.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone here looked into installing an AMR300 supercharger on their Prowler Pro. There are people who supercharge the Chery SQR372 engine used in Joyner Reapers. One of my only complaints with my Prowler Pro Crew is that it needs just a little more power for my satisfaction.
Auto part Automotive engine part Automotive starter motor Automotive alternator Engine

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
What an awesome idea!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone here looked into installing an AMR300 supercharger on their Prowler Pro. There are people who supercharge the Chery SQR372 engine used in Joyner Reapers. One of my only complaints with my Prowler Pro Crew is that it needs just a little more power for my satisfaction. View attachment 364618 View attachment 364618
Just wondering if you tried this out and how it worked out? I bought a 2020 Prowler Pro Crew. I love the space, quiet performance, storage, etc., I just need a little more power. I am usually driving at high altitudes and wondering if this would be the solution.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts