Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone that owns the new side x side have front suspension noise ?
Mine is so excessive that it sounds like something loose and ready to fall off.
I took it back to dealer and engineers told them it was natural. They went through all the bolts. I can't believe they put that much time into development as they say and then put it out to the consumer like that. I Don't recommend one of these to anyone. I'm affraid something is going to break or wear out just after warranty with the load clunking coming from the front end. You hit a crack in the pavement going down the street and it clunks. I was looking at court, but there telling me can't for suspension noise. Amazing just road in anther brand with 13000 miles on it, no noises and it was not a Polaris. Always been a Cat owner on everything but I see that changing quickly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone that owns the new side x side have front suspension noise ?
Mine is so excessive that it sounds like something loose and ready to fall off.
I took it back to dealer and engineers told them it was natural. They went through all the bolts. I can't believe they put that much time into development as they say and then put it out to the consumer like that. I Don't recommend one of these to anyone. I'm affraid something is going to break or wear out just after warranty with the load clunking coming from the front end. You hit a crack in the pavement going down the street and it clunks. I was looking at court, but there telling me can't for suspension noise. Amazing just road in anther brand with 13000 miles on it, no noises and it was not a Polaris. Always been a Cat owner on everything but I see that changing quickly.
Did you ever find out the problem? I have the same unit doing the same thing, as far as I can see there is slack in the sway bar links when riding over uneven terrain and the clunking is when the slack gets taken up. There is really noting else on the front end that would make such noises. If tightening the link nuts does not fix it, I might just remove the swaybar outright. Other than that it's a really nice unit although slightly under powered (it's a crew cab).

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Does the sway bar have bushings?

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
788 Posts
Suspension bushings get dirty then wet and some will squeak. The best option is to grease them or get UMHW bushings which also tighten up the handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
788 Posts

The bushings I circled are probably made of plastic similar to my ATV. I removed the swaybar and have had no squeaks. If you want to leave the swaybar just clean and grease those bushings up and you should be good. You could try spraying them with wd40 before you get into it!

Here’s a video I made when I took it off my ATV. It’s similar to the mounts on the Prowler pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine did it from brand new and it has less than 100 miles on it now. It's not so much of a squeak as it is the sound of smacking two pieces of aluminium pipe together - hard - when hitting a pothole at anything above 10 mph. It's almost like they forgot to put the bushings in, it sounds like the front end of a Dodge pickup with 300,000 miles on it. I've pulled on everything on the front end with it up on a jack and everything feels tight as a drum, I'm stumped. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at, it's under warranty for 2 years. I'm lucky that there is a long time dealer right in my back yard that seem to have good techs. Other than this issue I am happy so far. Will keep everyone posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts