Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prowler has 500 miles on it. R & R clutch sheave and outer plate and nut damaged. Caused by nut loosening off. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I kinda had this problem but mine isn't a Prowler but an H1 the same engine and clutch. Mine was kinda my fault (ok all my fault) I took mine apart to clean everything and put it back together and within 5mi it backed off enough that it quit pulling. $121.00 later, I am waiting on parts from Alpha-Sports to come in today. I haven't got any answers for it either but I have to get mine back together before this weekend. I guess I am just going to impact the nut on with loctite and pray! I hope someone in the know replies soon!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey besharp, I just got off the phone with my dealer and he says to torque the nut to 94ft/lb with some loctite on the shaft. He says it'll come off everytime if it isnt torqued on right! Also, Drive a wooden wedge between the half pulley against the engine and the housing to hold it in place!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had the same problem out of my old 375. I put the nut back on with red loc-tite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.