Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of post where members have talked about doing this swap. I was just wondering if anyone has had a successful run at it and how much time and money it took? I am prob. Going to swap out my 440 with the 700 this summer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I haven't done this swap but i have swapped the 700 into multiple other chassis.

The prowler chassis is horrible i wouldn't waste your time.

What i WOULD do is find yourself any 98 and up ZR chassis and start there.

You can take 99-00 zr700 motor mounts and drop it in and go. All the earlier years require too much customizing for a outdated chassis.

I have a 700 EFI motor with PSI pipes in a 2000 chassis it RIPS bigtimeCat happy and the suspension is also good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
engine swap

what year prowler is it,91 92 where the only years that didnt use a plate so not sure how it would be,i have a 91 special and just got a 92 wildcat with a 700 in it ,not sure how or if it would fit into a prowler chassis, 91 and 92 specials were the only ones with actual motor mounts and not a plate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a '91. I'm not sure if its a special or notI dunno (what should I look for to see if its a special). Would it be harder to swap the engine because it didn't use a plate to mount the engine? i was also wondering if the wildcat 700 could make the same hp as the zr700 with a pipe swap, or do they use different cylinders?

·
Registered
45 Posts
swap

look and see if your motor is on a plate or mounted to the chassis on all four corners,the special came with a 550 bottom end and a tuned pipe 36mm carbs should have a special sticker on the nose of hood and side of the sled towards the rear,oh and the special came with fox shocks, as far as swapping the motor its just a tight fit probally alot of mod to the chassis not sure how ya would fit twin pipes in there my 92 wildcat chassis is alot bigger than my prowler

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
They use the same exact engine.

The only real difference between a ZR700 and a Wildcat 700 engine is the dual pipes on the Wildcat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts