Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
wondering if -3 is the correct timing for 91 octane. Also Right now the sled has 320 jets, what temperature range will this be good for?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know, don't worry its not being run, just sitting around til we get the snow. And when you say 340's for snox. Is that for all temps. I know the old 440 we jetted different for every ten degrees?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trail converting my right now. I was told to run 490 with -2 timing. My machine was running full race gas with 330 +1 timing when I got it. Are you changing your gearing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I won't be touching the gearing, still racing the sled, just can't afford to run race gas during the week. Heard lots of guys jet a little richer during the week and run 91 in practice. Then jet down a little and mix 110/91 on weekends. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
We ran with the 110/91 mix all year except when the mod kit was on the engine, the we ran straight 116. On the last riding of the season at the end of May we ran straight 91 at Cooke City Mt.

Go to the Speedwerx web site for jetting recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
what elevation are you guys running at i have mine on 91 with 430 with the needdles on the second leanest postiion and the air srew at 2.5 and it still is really slobery on the bottem end. I am at 3400 ft above sea level

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally got mine running good! We're at about 900 feet above sea level. Running 350 mains with air screw 1.75 turns out and fuel screw 1.5 turns out(91 octane timing at 0) Runs Beautiful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about cutting in can one of you tell me how fast a well tunned 600 racer go at top end and what Rpm for max power ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts