Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yup, I would tear it down and go through the whole drivetrain.
up going out there right now to start tearing the skid apart. Or i may goo finish the 550 ext today since i just have a few things to buttom up and that should be good to go unless it shows a deeper problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
still uploading at time of post and after both rides still feel i can loosen track a little more. i want to find that spot thats in between feeling like the track is too tight and too loose ratcheting. Seems to not be based off standard 20lb. So im going completely off feel and function on this one ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Latest issue of SnowGoer magazine has an article on the 88 Wildcat in the Flashback section

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I convinced becky to go on her first ride. i did notice it took some more track adjustments and i still have some fiddling to do. I think ive found the comfortable middle. But for today im working on the 89 all day. Hopefully will have that done shortly and back up and running.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
THis is from one of my other channels. Still havent decided if im going to stip the 550 ext for parts for Project barn cat. I will say this 550 ext floated through the snow. Considering it was bought as junk for a junker price. Had fun with it. If you ever wanted to attempt the snowmobile chase scene from die hard 2....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
getting ready to do the skid frame swap and ditch those outboard shocks. Coming along nicely. Taking my time. been waiting on more bearings to rebuild the skid frame im putting in the 88

41 - 54 of 54 Posts