Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find my owner's manual, and I can't seem to figure out the rather complicated sequence Cat has for the gauges.

I have managed to figure out how to reset the trip meters, and I can change back and forth between analogue speedo/ digital tach, and vice versa. I've also managed to switch from miles to kph, though I'm never really sure how I've done it.

I once saw a max rpm read out, but can't find it again, and I can't reset it. And I've heard there was a way to max speed as well, though I've never been able to do it.

Finally, is there any way to get rid of that stupid altmeter? What a waste of space that is.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I agree- I live in Minnesota- why would I care about an altimeter?? I find it distracting more than anything.

I also agree that a Temp gauge would be very helpful and much preferred.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hold the two large up and down buttons together for a few seconds and numbers will appear where your odometer usually is. Scroll up and down with the same two buttons. #1 is voltage, and #3 is coolant temp. The other six, no one seems to know. Search this forum or HCS for more discussion on the matter.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
You are 100% correct- however it does not retain that display once you turn the sled off. So, you end up going through this same process several times during the day- hardly user friendly.

Additionally, in order to see the temp, you have to give up the odometer reading. You really can't do that, since you have to rely on the odometer to let you know your fuel status since the fuel gauge is so inaccurate.

Lastly- what was Cat thinking making the primary display an altimeter? It makes sense for a Proclimb, but a Procross? Altitude in Minnesota equates to 1500 feet above sea level..... For 99% of Procross sleds, that is a completely useless display.

I bleed green as much as the next guy.....but sometimes I have to shake my head.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hold the two large up and down buttons together for a few seconds and numbers will appear where your odometer usually is. Scroll up and down with the same two buttons. #1 is voltage, and #3 is coolant temp. The other six, no one seems to know. Search this forum or HCS for more discussion on the matter.
Thanks, I did not know that.

You are 100% correct- however it does not retain that display once you turn the sled off. So, you end up going through this same process several times during the day- hardly user friendly.

Additionally, in order to see the temp, you have to give up the odometer reading. You really can't do that, since you have to rely on the odometer to let you know your fuel status since the fuel gauge is so inaccurate.

Lastly- what was Cat thinking making the primary display an altimeter? It makes sense for a Proclimb, but a Procross? Altitude in Minnesota equates to 1500 feet above sea level..... For 99% of Procross sleds, that is a completely useless display.

I bleed green as much as the next guy.....but sometimes I have to shake my head.
Excellent post, and excellent points. What on earth was Cat thinking?

Also, I know there's a Max RPM display, as I managed to find it once by accident. Any ideas on how to get that? And how to reset it?

·
Super Moderator
8,826 Posts
Max rpms can be displayed only when the digital is reading rpms. You have to hold the up button to display max. You can reset the max rpm while displayed by pushing the down button.

I like the trip-meter features to plan for gas and trip mileage. Just hit the down button to get to the one you want and hold the button to reset the meter.

I'm with you all on the altimeter. It is a wasted space on non battery sleds on flatland. The battery sleds do have a clock in that space if you want to display that for a ride.

I have had a few sleds with this gauge. It still seems like I need to re-learn the thing. It is nice and compact, but not user intuitive friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
For us non-battery folks that have to live wtih that stupid altimeter, didn't someone post a thread on wiring in a small battery in to that display so that it would show time instead of the altimeter??

Does anyone recall that thread?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For us non-battery folks that have to live wtih that stupid altimeter, didn't someone post a thread on wiring in a small battery in to that display so that it would show time instead of the altimeter??

Does anyone recall that thread?
I was thinking about that today, actually. Wouldn't take much of a battery to power up the gauges.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I also would much rather see a Temp gauge. A digital 8 point compass like they put into cars would be great too.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Yeah, I agree with that too. It would be much more useful than an altimeter in Minnesota. A digital compass would definitely be cool....

·
Super Moderator
8,826 Posts
It would be great to have a multi function gauge that works like a GPS, just pick your options on the screen along with system vitals for the sled.

I have used a number of these gauges over the years and the buttons are not as sensitive on some gauges. That has made it harder to get comfortable with the setup. I have had some that could be set easily while wearing gloves, and my latest gauge needs a bare finger massage for each increment/decrement setting.(That is up/down buttons for us normal folks):mikeyslap:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do a google search for deluxe gauge software reflash. I had him do my gauge and I love it!!!! He has easy to follow videos on line to watch to show you how to set them to your liking. The best part it is when you turn your sled off then back on at a later time, your settings don't change. He aslo has an additional upgrade where your gauge will show boost and AFR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm happy to see that word is traveling about the gauge reflash. Since I'm a site sponsor I can fill in a few more of the details that the folks who've previously posted couldn't:

The Deluxe Gauge Reflash is something that I started working on in October 2012. When I bought my M1100T I was hoping that it had an easy way to see the engine temperature. On mountain sleds the tall tracks require constant monitoring of the coolant temps...

The stock software of the gauge has a debug mode that many of you know of where you can show the engine temp where the odometer is. I found this "temp gauge" completely inadequate. It was painful to show, prevented you from seeing the odometer, was too small to see, and didn't have an alert. I ended up installing an after market temp gauge.

I then found that the odometer was 9% off. If it said I went 109 miles, I had actually gone 100 miles. It pissed me off enough that I took the gauge apart and started the long process of reprogramming the thing from scratch.

Since reprogramming a multi-function gauge like the Deluxe Gauge is no simple task I figured I would add as many features as I could to turn it into a part time job. 300+ hours later it is complete.

You can find tons of details on my website, Next Stage Gauges, but here is a short summary of some of the features:
-A fuel gauge that is accurate and stable
-An Adjustable speedometer
-Data Logging
-Display of Engine Temp, Intake Temp, Voltage on main LCD numbers
-A configurable engine temperature alert
-Completely configure the needle, top, and center displays to show what you want.
-Show Boost by simply adding a single wire from the MAP sensor to the gauge
-Show AFR with a relatively simple to install and cheap kit ($110)

There's a whole bunch of smaller features, like the ability to hide ECU codes in case you cannot fix the problem right away, that are frankly too numerous to list here.

The website contains videos that describe the features of the gauge, and how to use them. They are a bit wordy, so I apologize for that. Here's one that describes how to configure what is shown on the LCD:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts