Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think would be the best exhaust set up for my 2012 F800? I have a JAWS silencer that will be here tomorrow but am wondering about what would go good with it to give it a mean sounding rumble and maybe some HP gains?! a Y-pipe or what do you guys think? I'm a newby when it comes to exhaust so please help!!

Please do not comment if your going to give me crap for asking about exhaust because I know alot of people on here dislike silencers/loud sleds.

Tell me what you guys think is the best setup :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
SpeedWerx makes a good lightweight muffler and if want it louder they just came out with L2 series. If you add a Y pipe you half to run a fuel controller. Allot of guys I ride with run there muffler, Y pipe and there Fat Daddy pipe for about 9 to 10 hp gain. Bikeman has some cool stuff also to make 800 run.

Reactions: Neal_BMP

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Man I love loud exhausts. Take it from me. Don't buy a can. Thay lose H-P 100% of the time. I am dealing with that problem myself with the same. I believe yoy keep the factory heavy box and buy a pipe. Thats what I'm gonna do. If you want to buy a new can I'm your man. I have a Big Dog Barker for $100

·
Registered
96 Posts
D&D told me that on my '12 F800 I could only run a Y pipe before needing to use a Fuel Programmer. I thought about it, but for almost $300 for a Y pipe, to gain 3 or so HP. Not worth it... Keeping mine stock.

·
Registered
300 Posts
SpeedWerx makes a good lightweight muffler and if want it louder they just came out with L2 series. If you add a Y pipe you half to run a fuel controller. Allot of guys I ride with run there muffler, Y pipe and there Fat Daddy pipe for about 9 to 10 hp gain. Bikeman has some cool stuff also to make 800 run.
I agree, Check out Speedwerx website, they have some good videos on there with some sound.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Friend of mine just put a complete SLP system on a 12 F8. Said it was one of the best complete kits he's installed on a customer's sled in a few yrs.

·
Administrator
2,722 Posts
Have a muffler shop take a scrap piece of 1-5/8 pipe an inch or two long and put a flare on one end, drop it in the can, put the pipe back on.

You may get the octane light if you cant get good fuel, but it will make the sled quicker

·
Registered
34 Posts
Friend of mine just put a complete SLP system on a 12 F8. Said it was one of the best complete kits he's installed on a customer's sled in a few yrs.
x2. Friend of mine put on a complete SLP system as well, y pipe, pipe, and silencer. Everything fit real nice he said. Had to add a fuel controller for this set up. He ran a BMP silencer and y pipe with no fuel controller all last year, no issues. The SLP silencer alone sounds real nice, it didn't lose any power with this on, that is for sure. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Have a muffler shop take a scrap piece of 1-5/8 pipe an inch or two long and put a flare on one end, drop it in the can, put the pipe back on.

You may get the octane light if you cant get good fuel, but it will make the sled quicker
Are you talking into the stock can ??

Interesting.......

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
yes , optimizeing pressure inside the pipe
So same idea as reducers in the end of the pipe....just a simpler way to achieve the same result..............

·
Registered
175 Posts

these engines like the extra back pressure

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can promise you that this stock 800 loves the Bikeman powder light can. it made a very noticeable improvement and no need for fuel commander. by far the best money Ive spent on this sled so far. when buying a can you look for weight loss, sound, and or HP gains. and without doubt, this one has all three. if you like em loud

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hit 115 mph in 1/2 mile on ice with a speedwerx can,78 gram dalton weights and a yellow white cat spring,also have the 4 th wheel kit and the frt limiter straps pulled 2 holes...Also put the extra idllers in the centre of the skid,maybe next year put a bikeman y pipe on ,i hear u don t need a controller to run a bikeman,also put the new graphite invused dupont sliders on that cat is going to have next season..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a D&D y pipe I will sell for $125 plus shipping. Also have a k&N breather for the procross from D&D $70 plus shipping. Boondocker fuel controller for $200. Needed controller because most of the gas in northern lower penisula has ethanol. Didnt need in UP. V force reeds with the modified boots for $200. PM me if interested in anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 12 F 800 today. New from dealer they put BMP Powder light can but I don't think they put on the y pipe. Do I need the y pipe. Plus I paid 9800 out the door, was that a good price. And do I need the fuel controller.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.