Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont really know what is causing it but we seem to be fouling plugs or the plugs come out lookin wet. we throu in another plug and it works then the other one will foul. we have worked on adjusting the carburators and such. the are clean too. one day we got the plugs to quite fouling and when it warmed up it ran good. but as soon as it sat for awhile it went back to the sameold thing agin. i dont know if it is just doing this when it is idling or what is going on we have been workin on it for awhile now and we are getting frusterated. what plugs are you saposta be running in it and is there a certain oil you are saposta be using. im usin jus a sinthetic blend at around a 40 to 1 mix. and we are using ngk br9eya plugs. any info is greatly apreciated and if u can give me some ways to do a quick trouble shooting to see what is causing this, before we tear the engine apart agin. thnks

·
Registered
103 Posts
howdy I run 40:1 in all my older sleds and that usually gets me replacing a couple plugs if i don't runem hard enough. I don't know about synthetic oil havent got myself to try it yet. but i'm pretty sure it should take br9es but br9eya are the same and they resist fouling better. maybe check needle and seat seal or for water in tank
Happy wrenchin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.