Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. When I was riding my 1999 ZR 600 this weekend, it started to make a buzzing noise that was noticeable when I kept the sled moving at a steady pace. Its hard to explain the sound, but this is the best way i could think of: It sounds like if you put a leaf in a fan, it just like buzzes faster and faster as the speed increases. My only guess would be the chain oil may be low? I checked it before I left and it was perfect, but now the sled is up north waiting for next weekend but i want to try and fix it before i ride if it is a serious problem. Any ideas on what it may be or how to fix it? thanks!

·
Registered
721 Posts
it could just be a chunk of ice caught up by the front heat exchanger. make sure to double check your oil level.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It sounds like its just a chunk of ice. When i get a chunk of ice caught up in the track it sounds exactly like you were explaining.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i agree with possible ice,but it sounds like a bad bearing!i had a bad one and it did the same thing.easy way to tell is bring it inside let it dry out and if it still does the same thing its the bearing!!let us know.hope its just ice!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts