Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 crossfire 700 w/ 600 miles on it ive broke it in kinda hard, but i havent done nothing it shouldnt have handled. i dont really jump that many things will sometimes hit a drift hear or there, but i prob never have jumped higher than 2 feet of the ground. i rode a good 100 miles the other day and the sled was running great and the supension was doing its job i couldnt feel a thing. then the next time i jumped on it i notice the rear supension droped down and i could hear the shock bottom out so i got off it and it didnt rase up like it should then i took it for a ride and it felt like i was ridding an old jag every little bump i hit i was bottoming out. i was starting to get mad so i just went home so has anyone had any prob w/ there shocks and will this be warranty

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would say yes to the warrenty.....shocks are not designed to go at 600 miles especially the sno pro ones....

You sure something ain't broke other then the shock? I got my end cap under warrenty after it egged out after 1600 miles.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i've got the same problem on my std. started at about 300 miles i'd hear a "chhhhh" every time i hit a mogul. Now i'm basically pogo sticking down the trail. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to see if they can get them rebuilt by next weekend. While they're at it i'm revalving and changing the spring. I know i can just change to the stock snowpro spring but have heard about dual rate springs since i liked how it rode in the chops, just not in the big bumps. Can anyone help steer me to what p/n and where to get it. Dealer know nothing about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered the sno pro spring last week, still waiting to get it in. I had the shock revalved since I had it off the sled. I had them put a medium oil in. The stock spring is a 110 and the sno pro is a 190.

- Not sure what the dual rate spring # is, but the Sno Pro spring part # is 1704-491, SPRING,FR ARM-190 LB x 8"-PTD BLK

·
Registered
636 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlewByU @ Feb 11 2007, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ordered the sno pro spring last week, still waiting to get it in. I had the shock revalved since I had it off the sled. I had them put a medium oil in. The stock spring is a 110 and the sno pro is a 190.

- Not sure what the dual rate spring # is, but the Sno Pro spring part # is 1704-491, SPRING,FR ARM-190 LB x 8"-PTD BLK[/b]

On the re-valve, did you just replace the disks with the ones from the sno-pro diagram? It's the same thing only different right? I think i'll just go with the sno-pro spring.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually, all I did was him them service the shock and add a medium oil, the shock came stock with a light oil. Didn't feel it was necessary to have it revalved. I very rarely ride trails, mainly boondock and hit some jumps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts