Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but couldn't find any help. Just wondering how much space should be between the belt and one of the sheaves. I noticed I can slide the belt some on the shaft. If it should be snug how can I adjust it or is there supposed to be some space there. Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m not sure what you are getting at but your belt should sit down in your primary clutch all the way and be loose so your sled can idle with out it crawling away and should ride so the bottom of the rips on the back of the belt are even with the top of the secondary clutch I don’t know if that will help you any are not

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'll elaborate more for C-note. Small spacing and a weight that has it's center of gravity "tucked under" too much can result in a burned belt...in other words not even enough force to engage the clutch.

Lots of spacing and you can really SLAM the belt hard for a very hard and aggressive holeshot....with proper traction.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
^^^^^ Looks like "NICK" is having fun with your signature AGAIN slaphappy

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 3 2007, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll elaborate more for C-note. Small spacing and a weight that has it's center of gravity "tucked under" too much can result in a burned belt...in other words not even enough force to engage the clutch.

Lots of spacing and you can really SLAM the belt hard for a very hard and aggressive holeshot....with proper traction.[/b]
oh it'll engage,, not with a lot of side force though,,, but it'll be the ''smooth'' (not aggressive type many seek),, these are also the ''belt burners'', recommended for touring sleds only that will not be seeing a lot of ''stop and go'' repetitively as that's the killer on belts with tight clearances as there is no ''best of both worlds'' really in this situation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts