Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998 zr 600 efi le. i rebuilt the primary lasted 130 miles spider cracked is this common? my buddy has a new clutch in the box the part number on the box is 0725-223 will this clutch work on my sled? also i heard they are getting rid of the 9 tower clutch and going to a 6 tower where would i find the part number for a 6 tower to fit my sled? thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mtcoooler @ Dec 22 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have a 1998 zr 600 efi le. i rebuilt the primary lasted 130 miles spider cracked is this common? my buddy has a new clutch in the box the part number on the box is 0725-223 will this clutch work on my sled? also i heard they are getting rid of the 9 tower clutch and going to a 6 tower where would i find the part number for a 6 tower to fit my sled? thanks for any help[/b]
What yr 6 post are they going w/? What is the benifit of it? I just took off a 95 6 post and put a 98 style 9 post w/ a aftermarket orange spring in mine. Just wondering if you know why. Maybe someone else does. My 6 post was a comet, i think the 9 is cats.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't understand it that is what i heard? like you said the tower 6 is comet has anyone tryed to get in touch with comet i have no answer they went belly up!! i went to there web site and clicked on the contact us link call ever number they had for wisconsin all disconected? i have a comet 108c that i'm trying to find out if it will work on my sled?

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Comet is out of business from what I understand. Cat no longer makes the 9 post just the 6 post. I just bought a uncalibrated clutch. Cheaper unless you don't have the part to put into it and have to buy all new. Check with some of the sponsors on here or try this link:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Not sure, but the one in your avatar does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts