Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello took out my primary clutch on my 1997 bearcat widetrack. Had to replace the spring and wieghts. When disassembling it I noticed two sleave (one plastic and one aluminum) sitting there , dont know exaxtly where they go. I have the service maual but all it says is be careful of 2 sleaves. The is no exploded pictures either, or at least none that I can find. I belive that one goes e on the inside of clutch (plastic) and one on the outward facing side of cluch to help guide long bolt that attaches clutch. anyone who knows what I am talking about and who can help me figure this out that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The plastic spacer goes into the clutch first, then the aluminum spacer behind it. When you put it back on the crank, the aluminum spacer should be closest to the motor, then the plastic one. I hope this is clear, if not go to brownsleisureworld.com and look at the exploded diagram. I know it is on there somewhere, you may have to dig around to find the right drawing.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Agreed on Brown's fiche. It's been a lot of help over the years. "They" say this arragment (whatever order you'er suppose to do) is for vibration control, although I've never proven/challenged this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the website but this is all could find (see attachment). The exploded diagram does not show these spacers. I think I will go with what Indygreg said. i thought that one went on the inside and one went on the outside (where head of bolt is). But I now know that was wrong. Thanks again, and if anyone knows anything else please add

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts