Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pull the sled out of the trailer and into the garage to get it ready for winter this weekend.

Plan to check track tension and alignment first, then perform an ski alignment. I'll probably charge the battery too. Grease all the bits I can.

Anything else I should do/check while it's out?

I'll be installing Snowtrackers and adjusting the suspension as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,372 Posts
I would throw a new belt on it. I know the one on my 19 is shot after about 1200 miles.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would throw a new belt on it. I know the one on my 19 is shot after about 1200 miles.
I was debating pulling/cleaning clutches, but with only 4XX miles I really hope the belt isn't bad yet.... they are stupid expensive on these new machines.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would pop off the APV cables off the servo and give them a little tug. See if they move easy, or are hard to pull. Only moves a little bit, but if its slow and feels gummed up, I'd warm up the motor and then pull them out and clean them. The break in oil ratio really gummed mine up good. Been good since then though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And so it starts...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I got the alignments done and Snowtrackers installed, pretty easy install. Adjusted the suspension, just need show now!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old vs new
20201101_112029.jpg
20201101_112049.jpg
20201101_112106.jpg
20201101_112130.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,922 Posts
I've not run the snow trackers. They look super aggressive. You will have to update on your opinions.
The old carbides obviously show wear, but they don't look terrible. I've seen tons that look a whole lot worse with riders still pushing them. (literally)

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I have snow trackers on my 2014 ZR8000lxr. I bought it with them on it. I've probably put around 3000mi on with them and I gotta say i think these things will last the life of the sled. I keep checking them and they just keep lasting. It's the weirdest thing. Not that i run a lot of bare pavement of course but still. No skag has ever lasted forever. lol

Steve

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've not run the snow trackers. They look super aggressive. You will have to update on your opinions.
The old carbides obviously show wear, but they don't look terrible. I've seen tons that look a whole lot worse with riders still pushing them. (literally)
They had no bite.... and for only 4XX miles.... I'm not impressed.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new setup. Hopefully this will work better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts