Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would greatly appreciate if anyone can steer me in the direction on where to buy a set of rotax style exaust valves for my firecat. Also how do they compare to stock valves? Thank you very much

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i talked to bikeman and they said that they do not make a rotax style valves for the F5 and i was wondering is there any other mods i can do to the valves to make them open and perform more like the rotax valves

thank you

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F5KWNRIDER @ Jan 18 2007, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i talked to bikeman and they said that they do not make a rotax style valves for the F5 and i was wondering is there any other mods i can do to the valves to make them open and perform more like the rotax valves

thank you[/b]
if they STILL have them,, Black Magic at one time had thjem available for the f5 big bore kits in 2003, give them a shout

·
Registered
0 Posts
No word on the Rotax valves. Clean your APV valves and adjust the oil cables 2 giv your carbs alot less oil. Ive heard from people that do this that their valves never get gummed up or dirty. You could also try adjusting when your valves open for more torque or hp. I think the rotax valves 4 f6's and f7's r $800 or sumthin, but i cud be way off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the reply 03f5snopro. I will try and adjust the valves and clean them and when i looked at bikemans website and the valves are 450 dollars. do you think the valves for the f6 or f7 be able to work on the f5?

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F5KWNRIDER @ Jan 18 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thank you for the reply 03f5snopro. I will try and adjust the valves and clean them and when i looked at bikemans website and the valves are 450 dollars. do you think the valves for the f6 or f7 be able to work on the f5?[/b]
I doubt they will fit because the f6 f7 jugs r so much bigger and the ports may have something 2 do with it, but im not sure. You really r gonna wanna adjust your oil consumption so your valves stay clean and dont gum up. :sure_ok:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you again for the reply and i am going to turn down my oil just a little, the plugs are black but not too bad. and did you mean adjust the valves up so that they are more open? as for the rotax style valves i give up on those and i will just stay with stock valves.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Im not sure if u shud make them open sooner or later. With a shorter height port(valves closed) it gives you a longer power stroke and more torque. But with a taller port(valves open) you get better exhaust flow. Know what im sayin??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again. i understand now i will make my adjustments now. thank you for all your help. you helped me alot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jafgreen thank you for the reply, also do you have the website link. i want to try and see if they have one for the f5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks krom, what do i have to do to the cylinder to make the rotax style power vavles work like they are suppose to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts