Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a little FYI. I have had this 900 for a while now. I thought it ran very well until now. It is stock except for V-Force 3 reeds and an SLP pipe and can. It runs strong right up to 7900 rpm and lifts the skis about 6 inches every time I pin it. I was doing some tinkering with it and decided to check my powervalves. Siezed solid. Now it feels like I have gained 20 hp and it lifts the skis about 18 inches when I hit the flipper. I always thought that the 900 would not rev to the max with powervalve troubles. Now I know that is false.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
jetting clutching

efi?
if carb what elavation and jetting
my 900 carb falls on its face if i pin it
let off a little and it picks right up
vforce reeds slp pipe and can
144 track

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live at 2400 feet. My riding is at 5-6000 in the Rockies of Northern BC. It is carbed with 360 mains and the original pilots and needles. Stock clutching in the primary, still has ti spring in it and 69 gram weights. I just went through the secondary and put in an EPI purple spring, 86 lb-148 lb, and Rock rollers. The only other mod is a block off plate on the right side forward air vent facing the can. I use the Dayco XS belt which I wash when brand new and break it in on a nice easy ditch ride for 20 miles. After that I remove the belt when I have to and use a ScothBrite pad to take off any glazing that occurs. It runs very strong now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts