Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I landed a jump almost on its side and the apv cable got chewed up in the secondary clutch bang your head and it cooked the apv driver circuit in the ECU. The ECU still can read the servo position feedback circuit but is unable to open or close the valves.
anyways I need to know at what RPM on an 03' F7 do the apv's open, and at what rpm they close.
I am designing a circuit to control the valves because it is far cheaper (25$) than a new ECU @ 1600$ or even a used one.

I thought that the valves open around 7100 rpm but am not sure where the need to close.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I let off is when the problem occurs. The ECU checks to see the valves have returned to closed position after it tries to close them. Then it goes into limp mode until shut down because it see's that no servo movement occurred at the 'dropout RPM'.
If I can program my circuit to close the valves just prior to when the ECU check to see if it happened, then the ECU will be fooled into thinking that it did the job and everything is good.

So far from bits and pieces I have found on this site, the valves open at around 7200 RPM and close at around 6800 RPM.

Has anyone seen first hand at what RPM the servo closes the APV's?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 05 F7. I am having some issues too. If I run my RPMs up slowly my PV dont open. If I let of and coast at around 4500 rpms and wick it they will open. Not sure what my issue is or if i even have an issue. Got a new cervo from the dealer and got the error code when i plugged it in.

I was told some where between 6500 and 7000 they should open.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND JUST BUY A USED ECU FROM SOME ONE. YOU CAN PICK THEM UP FOR AROUND 250-300 DOLLARS AND YOU PROBLEMS WILL BE OVER.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts