Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched video of a Yamaha. Sneak peak of a 2022 model with power steering on a procross. Hopefully we see it on Arctic Cat models.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
UGH. As if Poo & Doo people need more reason to bash the Procross chassis?
Do you have a link? Remember how Yamaha was crucified the last time they introduced it on their Apex? It just gave people ammunition to bash Yamaha and point out Yamaha's ill handling and how unbalanced their 4 strokes were.

I'm not sure why that is of benefit anyway. If a sled is properly tuned, then the need for power steering is moot. The ProCross can be easily tuned to have proper weight transfer to allow it to handle well and have light steering.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think the only time power steering may be nice is the big ol' heavy work sleds,Norsemen, skandic, viking etc

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
One more thing to go wrong with a sled. And anyone with a utility sled probably prefer a simple sled. It's bad enough that Cat doesn't have a decent utility sled anymore either.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it's a good thing, I personally don't require ps, but it shows that engineering continues at Cat/Yamaha and they haven't given up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's kind of putting somewhere it's not needed, lipstick on a pig. A MTn sleds ski's never have enough weight to need it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, guys!! Keep believing the internet crap that your reading. Been a lot of advancements from cat in the last six years. I'll take my sled the way it is. Love the fact that I never have to adjust belt deflection, love my auto chain tensioner, new hand controls work awesome. Thumb and hot grips have five positions. My front suspension sticks to the trail like glue! My rear skid rides like a pillow or a quick adjustment to handle the big stuff. I'll take the power steering. It all adds up to better experience. My reliability on my 2013 was great to the tune of 12'000 miles. My 2020 Riot has 3000 miles and going great. Small changes all add up to better sleds. The difference between the 13 and 20 are amazing. Look at Polaris, new sled plastics on same base chassis and everyone thinks it all brand new. Cat has done a lot lately. All new doesn't mean nothing is happening.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, guys!! Keep believing the internet crap that your reading. Been a lot of advancements from cat in the last six years. I'll take my sled the way it is. Love the fact that I never have to adjust belt deflection, love my auto chain tensioner, new hand controls work awesome. Thumb and hot grips have five positions. My front suspension sticks to the trail like glue! My rear skid rides like a pillow or a quick adjustment to handle the big stuff. I'll take the power steering. It all adds up to better experience. My reliability on my 2013 was great to the tune of 12'000 miles. My 2020 Riot has 3000 miles and going great. Small changes all add up to better sleds. The difference between the 13 and 20 are amazing. Look at Polaris, new sled plastics on same base chassis and everyone thinks it all brand new. Cat has done a lot lately. All new doesn't mean nothing is happening.
Indeed

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife loves the power steering on her 570 Sportsman. I don't need power steering on a snowmobile, but I bet she'd want to at least demo that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts