Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is good with paint. My brother-in-law works for a company that powder coats and since its free for him I was thinking of haveing my A ARMS done in orange but wanted to get a look first.

[attachment=68736:_cid__0411071724.jpg][attachment=68737:_cid__0411071725.jpg]

Thanks Don

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
you mean you need some one to "photo shop" the pic's for ya??
if so,..i think Pat can.
myself,....i think it will look real nice with orange arms. :thumbsup:

is that a cemetery next to you???

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Apr 11 2007, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you mean you need some one to "photo shop" the pic's for ya??
if so,..i think Pat can.
myself,....i think it will look real nice with orange arms. :thumbsup:

is that a cemetery next to you???[/b]

Yes thats what I'm looking for "photo shop".

Yeah its a cemetery. My property joins it. The wife is always telling me that some night
I'm going to become missing and they will never find me. Sad thing is sometimes I don't think shes
jokeing eekkk

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
The quieter and less intrusive the neighbors, the better!!! Probably can't find neighbors that are more sedate than that.

I think you have enough orange on the sled now, I for sure would not do the spindles in orange, the arms themselves might be ok but I like it best how it is now.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I like the orange A arm with black spindles, but I wasn't sure if it would be to much orange as well. As for the neighbors they keep to themself for the most part. Some weird :turd: happens now and then but not to often.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Not that my opinion matters much, but I tend to agree with the others ... it looks good with the black a-arms as it is. I think going with orange would be too much overkill (but again, that's JMO). On the other hand, I wonder what it would look like with orange skis? No, just kidding Don :moon:

You've got a great looking sled there ... I really like it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was going to be repainting mine (not powder coating) black with some orange pearl. I don't want just solid black, but I don't want orange either. This should give it a nice orange "haze".

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just my 2 cents...but i like it with the black arms personally.

I may paint all the arms on all my sleds in camo soon....that will help them blend in with all the marks from hitting trees....lol

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not that my opinion matters much, but I tend to agree with the others ... it looks good with the black a-arms as it is. I think going with orange would be too much overkill (but again, that's JMO). On the other hand, I wonder what it would look like with orange skis? No, just kidding Don :moon:

You've got a great looking sled there ... I really like it.[/b]

I was thinking simmions orange and black ski's once I get back on my feet here. Me breaking some ribs and then the flu really set me back. bang your head bang your head

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcflying @ Apr 12 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I may paint all the arms on all my sleds in camo soon....that will help them blend in with all the marks from hitting trees....lol[/b]
Do they make rock coloured camo? ;)

Hey Don, here's another vote to keep them black! Photoshop sure is great.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Apr 12 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcflying @ Apr 12 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may paint all the arms on all my sleds in camo soon....that will help them blend in with all the marks from hitting trees....lol[/b]

[/b][/quote]

OH geez, now i have to think even more...should i paint mine in tree camo, or rock coloured??? sigh bang your head

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Apr 12 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcflying @ Apr 12 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Boy I don't know can anyone do them in black to see what they look like :lol:. I'm not sure, I like the orange but after seeing it I'm afraid it may be to much. I dunno

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I think it looks sweet with the a arms done, but I think it looks better with the spindles done, a arms left black... I think its a perfect contrast.. orange nose cone, orange springs, black a arms, orange spindles, black skis, orange tips... it flows perfectly in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do like the orange spindles instead of the A arms but the more I sit and look at it with the loops and the nose being orange and today I got bored so I painted the hood screens orange I'm afraid that I'm getting to much.

[attachment=68881:_cid__0414071545.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Apr 14 2007, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I do like the orange spindles instead of the A arms but the more I sit and look at it with the loops and the nose being orange and today I got bored so I painted the hood screens orange I'm afraid that I'm getting to much.

[attachment=68881:_cid__0414071545.jpg][/b]
I think it looks pretty damm good just the way it is Don. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Apr 14 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[attachment=68881:_cid__0414071545.jpg][/b]
well stop sitting and looking and take those spindles off and get em powdercoated

1 - 20 of 21 Posts