Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2002 ZR 500 and i would like info and/or pics

Info: Looking for opinions,problems,etc.

Pics: Any pics are good jus wanna see how it looks

All the help would be appreicated

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have this same sled how many miles are on it. Just cleaned the exhaust valves on this sled a few weeks and found the pin on pto side had wear other pin was ok. There have been issues with the valve pins with this motor. I just turned 1500 mi on my sled first time valves were cleaned. I was using cat apv oil going to switch to amsoil. The first thing I would do check valve pins. I would post a picture of my sled but dont know how.

·
Registered
872 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ridegreenZR500 @ Jan 3 2007, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have this same sled how many miles are on it. Just cleaned the exhaust valves on this sled a few weeks and found the pin on pto side had wear other pin was ok. There have been issues with the valve pins with this motor. I just turned 1500 mi on my sled first time valves were cleaned. I was using cat apv oil going to switch to amsoil. The first thing I would do check valve pins. I would post a picture of my sled but dont know how.[/b]
The ZR's are great sleds! You will love the ride this sled will give. Even if this sled runs great, you should check the pins as ridegreen as pointed out. You can not tell if these are warn by the way the sled runs. If they ware too much, the APV’s will come in contact with the pistons and you will have a much larger project on your hands. Cleaning the APV’s is one of the items I would do on a new to you sled first thing anyway! I think I read on here someplace that the new pins you get today are harder than the pins used in 02 on the 500’s. If it were me, I would just buy new ones and install them. Why take the chance! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.