Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 f1000 here and 950 flawless miles. here we go, 720 flawless miles and i send back my ecu to be reflashed. this past weekend i put on 250 flawless miles and the sled is running faster than before and mid range is a lot stronger.
anyway it hade to get spoiled some how because of all those flawless miles lol.
the sled dies, like it ran out of gas. started the sled up again and went about 500 feet and died again.
waited a few mins and the sled started again and went 100 feet and it poped and died again.
then took off all panels and pod and looked around to check all wires, no bad wires in site.
it sounds to me that the fuel pump is being cut off, but because of the back firing going on at this point, i say bad ecu. no fuel and wrong firing. has anyone had this problem and it lead to the ccu?
from what i see people are saying about the ccu. they say that the sled goes in safe mode and will go 30 to 40 mph is this true? just looking for some tip before i bring my sled in when i buddy gets back from canada wed

·
Registered
8 Posts
The CCU regulates & rectifies the lighting coil output & controls the gearbox shifting.
It also has some built in self-reseting circuit breaker like devices that protect the lighting circuits from shorts.

The ECU uses the regulated voltage from the CCU to power the exhause valves. This is the only interaction between the CCU & ECU.

The fuel pump, ECU power, injector power, & ignition (spark) power come from seperate stator windings.

The sled will run without the CCU installed however, the exhaust valves will not work & you will not have lights or warmers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (watrprf @ Feb 13 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The CCU regulates & rectifies the lighting coil output & controls the gearbox shifting.
It also has some built in self-reseting circuit breaker like devices that protect the lighting circuits from shorts.

The ECU uses the regulated voltage from the CCU to power the exhause valves. This is the only interaction between the CCU & ECU.

The fuel pump, ECU power, injector power, & ignition (spark) power come from seperate stator windings.

The sled will run without the CCU installed however, the exhaust valves will not work & you will not have lights or warmers.[/b]
I doubt it. When my CCU went my sled would only run for 1 second at a time. I went from idling for 1-2 sec (freaked CCU) to normal running with a new CCU. If you can run without a CCU, why would you be unable to run with a bad one?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gearhead @ Feb 15 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (watrprf @ Feb 13 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sled will run without the CCU installed however, the exhaust valves will not work & you will not have lights or warmers.[/b]
I doubt it. When my CCU went my sled would only run for 1 second at a time. I went from idling for 1-2 sec (freaked CCU) to normal running with a new CCU. If you can run without a CCU, why would you be unable to run with a bad one?
[/b][/quote]
i thought so, thats what i told my buddy at the cay dealer. i'll see tomorrow. and will post tomorrow or sat
thanks gearhead

·
Registered
8 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gearhead @ Feb 15 2007, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (watrprf @ Feb 13 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Is it possible that while changing the CCU some wires were moved away from a bolt or other sourse of a short to ground?

Was the problem repeatable? In other words did the dealer reinstall the "bad" CCU to make sure the problem returned?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had similar problems and it was the throttle safety switch. Cable was not fully seated in throttle block. It ran great for a while and started acting up. Once it was reseated it ran great, except for the poor top end some of us are experiencing. Unplugging the handlebar/accessory plug gave it back its spark and it started right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts