Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wildcats. Perhaps someone can help me with a rear right wheel that is toe in with a negative camber also. I did go into a ditch and hit a tree on the right side. I've repaired the front suspension and steering components. All tires are inflated correctly. The left side tires aligh perpendicular but the right side doesn't. I've done a self alignment. I bent one rear upper trailing arm but hammered it as much as I could so it's actually pretty straight. I swapped it with the left arm with no change. I've swapped left and right rear shocks. With no difference. I've also swapped around the control arms and no change. Could wheel be bent? Frame bent with no obvious visual sign of it? Is it safe to ride? Don't want my kids getting hurt riding it.

·
Administrator
42,248 Posts
You will have to take lots of measurements, side to side, front to back, and diagonally. That will determine if the frame is bent.

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
It doesn’t take much to tweak a frame. If you’ve swapped control arms it sounds like it’s a bent frame. As doorfx mentioned take measurements. Get it up on stands or a hoist, remove wheels and take a good look at the frame.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It looks like ar each corner there are two trailing arms and two control arms. Plus the knuckle/spindle. Any one of those parts could be tweaked. In the car world I see a lot of crash cars where the knuckles get bent, it's about impossible to see even when comparing to a new one on the bench. It's usually process of elimination to get there, if I know the arms aren't bent but there's a clear issue at that corner, I order a knuckle and has always fixed it. Those straight links should be easier to see if they're bent. Trailing arms might not be as easy to see. Your issue isn't from a bent wheel because if you rolled the vehicle one half of a wheel rotation, the camber and toe problems would be reversed, I'm guessing that is not the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts