Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Arctic Cat 250 is just about ready to go.
Previous owner had installed 23" tires and the quad just looked too wimpy and the stock tires are supposed to be 24s.
I know you should stick with stock sizes but I wanted slightly bigger. I did not go crazy. 1" bigger is all.
Anyway, now I have positive camber on the rear end.
Also if you notice, I installed rear spacers in the shocks.

any thoughts on how to go back to more vertical?

Thanks for any help
20200628_101548_resized.jpg

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I would remove the spacers on the rear shocks. Tires won't change camber. Only reason, possibly to have those spacers- if you weigh 300+ lbs, hehe. Hey, I used to weigh 300 lbs back in the 1980's...

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
I can understand why you may have put the spacers in as these quads have very soft suspension. My 05 300 is very soft compared to my 400. If you don't NEED the spacers, remove them. Did you add front spacers too?

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd cut the spacers down a little so it's not sprung so high. How does it look with you and your gear on it?

If you want more ground clearance then I would suggest a lift kit. I had one along with 25/26" tires on my '01 and it looked pretty cool and I don't remember having any camber issues in the rear. The only downside is that the handling would get a little squirrely if you were working the front suspension hard due to the amount that the toe would change as the suspension moves up and down. I got used to it pretty quickly though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts