Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!! I HAVE A 2005 ARTIC CAT SABER CAT 700 EFI EXT. AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. I'VE DRIVEN SEMI'S WITH BETTER RADIUS'S THAN THIS THING. AND ONTOP OF THAT IT'S UNSTABLE, SEEMS LIKE YOU PULL OUT ON A FLAT FEILD AND YOU CAN BARELY HANG ONTO TO IT. IT KINDA ROLLS BACK AND FORTH LIKE A BOAT. MY FRIEND HAS A 800 SKI DOO REV CHASSIS SOMETHING OR OTHER AND HIS SLED HAS SOME TYPE OF STRAPS OR RUBBER/NYLON BELTS UNDER IT THAT ADJUST THE AMOUNT OF PRESSURE PUT ON THE SKI'S. HE ADJUSTED HIS AND SAID IT WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. I LOOKED AT MY SLED IT HAS SOME TYPE OF STRAPS BUT THERE ARE NO HOLES IN THEM FOR ANY ADJUSTMENT. ALSO I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON WHAT SKI'S AND SKAGGS TO RUN. I DON'T RUN DEEP SNOW 15 INCHES MAX I JUST WANT THIS THING TO STEER LIKE MY BUDDIES SKI DOO.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABERKID
KEITH ADAMSON

·
Registered
609 Posts
Keith, do a search on this site about your probs...But here is what I did on my firecat and it rails like a MO FO!
Bear in mind every sled and year of the same model are different but this will bive you a baseline.
You need to drill your limiter straps about 2" above where the tightest setting is(the rubber strap in the front of the rear suspension.)
Then on the front shock in the rear susp. loosen it untill it rattles and then tighten it untill is stops rattling.

Set your rear sissors springs (triangle block) at your weight setting. ( I am 220 lbs and had mine set at 2 left and 3 Right)

then give it a try. Mark what works and what changes you make. Also get rid of the stock carbides and just use them for spares.
Beleive me, when you get it dialed in it will rock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keith, had the same complaint about my f-ext. The limiter straps on your suspension do have 2 different holes, on the topside of the straps, hard to see. The hole is on top of the rod the strap raps around. Tightening the strap=more ski pressure. The down side is less suspension travel. Made a world of a difference for me. If for some reason the 05's don't have two holes, here is the part number for straps that do---2604-618. The easiest way to adjust the straps is to lift the rear off the ground, then use a floor jack to compress the front of the suspension,with no tension on straps they are easy to work with. Hope this makes sense. Kevin

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I put a pair of SLP Powder pros on our EXT and it made all the difference in the world.

I left the limeter strap where it was and the skis made a huge difference.

I paid around 300 for the skis complete, but it was well worth it.

Never had any darting issues, and the sled rocked in the powder.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd say check the obvious first. Have you looked at your wear bars yet? I just changed mine on my 05 Scat with 2000 miles and the front carbide was GONE. Rear outside looked new. Is you track picked? How many? I had 102 with dual carbides 4"-6". Was great when new. Just installed more picks to get to 170 and took it out for a ride and there was no way to turn it if I was on the gas. So went to dual 8" carbides. Have you made any changes to you rear suspension? Loosen up the front shock almost all the way, just tight enough so it wont rattle. See if that helps. Again if you search here on the forums you'll find lots of info (kinda a pain I know). BTW what do you get for top speed from your Scat?

·
Registered
342 Posts
"it's unstable"..."it rolls like a boat"....Sounds more like the skis aren't aligned to me. Check the toe out first. With the skis straight ahead, hook a light bungy strap between the ski loops, then measure from the center of one ski to the center of the other at the front of the skis and at the rear. The front measurement should be 1/8 to 1/4inch longer.
Limiter straps should be the last adjustment you make. There's a lot of easier, more subtle things to try than just throwing wholesale changes at it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea Check the carbides, or youll end up like the one guy with that post named "How snowmobiling can go so wrong" :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Massive recall on your sled!!!!
I had the same problem on my last sled '05 sabercat 700LX
The problem made me crash doing 65 on a flat field!
You should have got a recall notice from ArticCat during the summer.

Go to the link below and then contact your dealer ASAP!!!

www.arcticcat.com/snow/recall.asp

This "WILL" fix your problem and it's free.

Steve...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.