Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morn. and sled ran great for 20 miles and then backfired,acted like a foul plug. Changed plug, checked all connections,coils,could see spark and center plug is wet. Killswitch is already unplugged. Comp. seems good but didn't do a comp. test.hope it's not a piston. I'm guessing stator but do you fellas got any ideas,checked grounds. It runs like on 2 cyls. but as soon as you try to rev it up it backfires and dies??? THANKS!!! bang your head

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sled sat for awhile now did a comp. check and 145 psi on all 3 started sled and sounded good but didn't drive around,afraid would let me sit once it got warm. I just want to know if it could really be stator or coils or CDI. I don't want to spend $1000 in parts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Help a fella on a trail once with a smiliar sounding situation. He had a polaris triple. Would not rev up properly. After 40 mins of switching plugs, checking spark, fuel etc etc, found it was a broken throttle cable to the middle carburator.

The outside slides would lift leaving the centre in the idle position.

Dont know if this will help but maybe something to check.

Ben

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tcat1132, was it the first ride of the year? Maybe the gas is contaminated and there's junk in the center carb, or it started icing up? Try some Seafoam in the gas & run it again.

By the way, nice choice of machines & good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys took all the connections and put some dielectric grease in them and drove it around for about 15-20 miles and ran GREAT!! almost scares a guy because they always seem to run the best before something BIG goes south. I cleaned the carbs earlier and has fresh gas in with 150 miles on so far. We'll go out and see what happens. Thanks again for the help!! :beer_cheers: Rockerdude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts