Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 buddies that both have 2007 crossfires, one is a 800 and the other is a 600, on smooth trails, they get between 11 - 13 mpg. but when they get offroad and play in the snow, they only egt about 7 mpg, is something wrong? and wht are you guys getting. also both are very hard on oil.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't done the calculations but I get horrible fuel mileage in the powder. Just a guess, probably around 6-8 mpg; I usually keep the throttle pinned in the deep stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i read somewhere that 2007 are suppose tp be better on gas compared to the 06? any truth to that? also what are you guys that have 2007 getting for milage?

·
Registered
524 Posts
7-9 when playing hard or testing, average 80 mph....9-11 when playing hard and regular cruzin average 60 mph...and upto 14 when I ride with my dad only 20-25 mph.....I think that is average for in the deep stuff.

If the oil is rich, most people turned the oil rod back 2 turns (I think), I suggest that turn one turn and get oil ratio again and change if needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 07 Crossfires were made to get better mileage than the 06's, just read it in the 07 brochure. But it all depends how you ride em. Can't wait to see the 08's, has anyone seen any info on these yet???

·
Registered
125 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Orange Crusher @ Feb 13 2007, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The 07 Crossfires were made to get better mileage than the 06's, just read it in the 07 brochure. But it all depends how you ride em. Can't wait to see the 08's, has anyone seen any info on these yet???[/b]
I doubt you'll see any significant change.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
I have been ag between 13-15 mpg and 150 miles to a qt oil. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Pressing the throttle only 3/4 of the way makes a big difference. Everytime it's pushed to the bar...slurp, slurp, slurp. We were averaging about 16 on smooth trails the other day, and I don't even want to know what it was in the deep stuff.....that's usualy when it's pinned hard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts