Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the RCMP[police]in this areado not like sleds with after market pipes or cans .at local rallies they open your hood if it is not stock $100 fine they dont even start your machine I had my stock pipe ceramic coated and had to argu to get out of a fine I dont go to local rallies any more.this hurt the local economy and a lot of riders are staying away .You dont see them at bike rallys handing out tickets to the bikers your thought welcome

·
Registered
317 Posts
Vote

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this will probably get me flamed, but you asked for opinions. Loud pipes are the SINGLE biggest reason our trails are being threatened in northern MN. I am a member of the Two Harbors, MN snowmobile club and we have had several fights in the past 5 years locating a corridor from the main state trail to the city of Two Harbors and it's several hotels. While it was one person that was driving the initiative to close the trails, the community was reluctant to support keeping the trails open and the main reason that was cited was loud sleds. We did ask differentiating questions between sleds in general and loud sleds and the response was loud sleds. This is a community in Northern MN that is not at all anti-snowmobiling - many people use them as a form of winter transportation and they realize the dollars we spend in the local economy. I am older - 39 - and maybe a little more mellow than I once was so please take all of what I am saying in that light. But at the same time I love this sport and want to keep participating for many years to come. I have a 2 year old that I want to ride with. Unfortunately many in our sport can't see any further than the next snowfall and they really don't care that their behavior - riding off the trail, loud sleds etc - are really hurting us. They view snowmobiling as a freedom and a right to do anything they want - they don't see that with this comes a responsibility to participate in the sport within certain guidelines. Well you asked for opinions, my 2 cents. Paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MNM7F7SP @ Jan 4 2007, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know this will probably get me flamed, but you asked for opinions. Loud pipes are the SINGLE biggest reason our trails are being threatened in northern MN. I am a member of the Two Harbors, MN snowmobile club and we have had several fights in the past 5 years locating a corridor from the main state trail to the city of Two Harbors and it's several hotels. While it was one person that was driving the initiative to close the trails, the community was reluctant to support keeping the trails open and the main reason that was cited was loud sleds. We did ask differentiating questions between sleds in general and loud sleds and the response was loud sleds. This is a community in Northern MN that is not at all anti-snowmobiling - many people use them as a form of winter transportation and they realize the dollars we spend in the local economy. I am older - 39 - and maybe a little more mellow than I once was so please take all of what I am saying in that light. But at the same time I love this sport and want to keep participating for many years to come. I have a 2 year old that I want to ride with. Unfortunately many in our sport can't see any further than the next snowfall and they really don't care that their behavior - riding off the trail, loud sleds etc - are really hurting us. They view snowmobiling as a freedom and a right to do anything they want - they don't see that with this comes a responsibility to participate in the sport within certain guidelines. Well you asked for opinions, my 2 cents. Paul[/b]

You do not feel bad at all for your comments or feel the need to justify them. I am 100% with you.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The thing I don't like is that they, the police are only picking on snowmobiles, what about the bikers and high performance cars with very loud exausts they should get tickets too...

I personally hate loud exausts...they are really only ment for racing and not trail riding...that would suck to have trails close becuase of a few idiots....If you notice a very loud sled, try and get the license number and report it to the authorities...then these guys with loud exauts have to look over their back everytime they go out and ride, not just the authorities but other sledders too, sledderrs reporting sledders might help keep your trails open longer....

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know mine is loud but it is stock cans! if you have ever been up and out at the lakes stock is loud at 100mph,no reason to get any worse!

·
Registered
85 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 4 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The thing I don't like is that they, the police are only picking on snowmobiles, what about the bikers and high performance cars with very loud exausts they should get tickets too...

I personally hate loud exausts...they are really only ment for racing and not trail riding...that would suck to have trails close becuase of a few idiots....If you notice a very loud sled, try and get the license number and report it to the authorities...then these guys with loud exauts have to look over their back everytime they go out and ride, not just the authorities but other sledders too, sledderrs reporting sledders might help keep your trails open longer....[/b]
Public roads vs. private land. Ever heard of a road getting closed down due to loud Harley's?

·
Registered
237 Posts
no but roads dont cut though peeps land's you like loud going though your land at any time? Can i pull up in your driveway and reve it it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Seems to be a age problem.
Most of us older sleders have learned to respect the right to use the trails that may pass thru a town or nearby homes. When your young one may want to be TOP GUN and show off with the loudest, fasted and best looking sled. Nothing wrong with that. However we got to repect the wishes of those who land we use. With age come wisdom.

Speaking of going fast I only would wish that when the snow starts falling and we can ride please remember to ride responsible. There will be familys out there with young ones and nothing get me so mad then to have an idiot either passing me or coming towards me like a nut. bang your head

If you feel the need for speed go out on a lake a do it, not on the trails were there is no need for speed only to pull over at the first wide area.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts