Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 500 4X4 Manual

I got this machine krecently and it was running well before the incident happened.... The problem is a young knucklehead installed the battery and reversed the positive and negative cables.... When I received the machine it was not running, (still isn't) so I put a new battery in to see what would happen, nothing happened.... No lights, no cranking, nothing...
I was able to find a wiring schematic online and it looks like the first place the positive conductor goes it to the starter relay or maybe solenoid and the device appears to have a 30 A internal fuse.... I will try to locate that thing and hopefully it will be that fuse. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or knows what may have failed....
Thanks for any information.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Download a Parts and Repair from <mymowerparts.com>. Check under seat for an owners manual as well. Would not be surprised with the fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wallama...
Thank you for your help, I had found mymowerparts mentioned on another thread and that is where I got the wiring diagram. Owners manual seems to have hit the dusty trail..... I will start troubleshooting when I get a bit of time. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 98 400 4x4. Were you able to resolve the issue? Im trying to narrow down where to start looking. I was the knuckle head in this case. I blame it on the cold I have and the shade I was working in with a battery that wasn't overly clean. I got two sparks then nothing. The machine is dead. None of the blade fuses are blown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts