Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive always heard that the guys who originaly started Arctic cat is the guys brother who started polaris> ture or not has anyone seen the 800 polaris looks perty mean. went down to south carolina this weekend and it was wooping some in the mud bogs.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Don't know about the brother thing, but I will drag my 650 H1's dead rotting carcass 12 miles out of the woods before I pay money for a polaris. I ain't bashing anybody elses brand but most of the popo's I ride with slow us down for overheating or other things. I have seen a bunch of mud bogs and you never know who is gonna win, anything can happen on any given day. The Can-Ams are hosses too along with the Brutes and Grizzlys; But never underestimate the Cat. IMHO the Cats are the best all around utility and are by far the easiest to work on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amen to that. I owned two Polaris quads and I'm glad to be rid of both of them. I miss my Kawi but I wouldn't give up my Cat for anything. I am now a dedicated Cat rider. I'm thinking of even naming my 500 and giving it it's own room (LOL)

06 500i auto
2.5 Warn
ITP Series5 rims
ITP 25" Terracross tires
Magellan GPS
60" Eagle Plow

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats perty serious sat. No i enjoy my cat and love pulling suzukis out of the mud really enjoy the comfort and the reliability. On my 400 i hardly ever hear the fan run. is this something i should be conserned about i always wash out the radiator?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
From Polaris website:

Original partners Edgar Hetteen, David Johnson and the late Allan Hetteen. Edgar Hetteen founded Hetteen Hoist & Derrick in Roseau, Minnesota, and in 1954 the company was incorporated as Polaris Industries Inc. David Johnson oversaw manufacturing for the better part of his 42 years with Polaris before retiring in 1988. Allan Hetteen in 1960 succeeded his brother Edgar as company president and directed Polaris through the 1960s. Allan left the company in the early 1970s and passed away as a result of a farm accident in 1973.

Polaris link

But then it seems that Edgar broke off and went to found Arctic Cat as well:

Edgar Hetteen - Grand Daddy of snowmobiles

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (topher82/05 @ Mar 5 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats perty serious sat. No i enjoy my cat and love pulling suzukis out of the mud really enjoy the comfort and the reliability. On my 400 i hardly ever hear the fan run. is this something i should be conserned about i always wash out the radiator?[/b]
Your 400 is air cooled with only a oil cooler. No radiator. But its good to keep the mud cleaned out of it.
As to Polaris, dont let these guys fool you, I owned a 05 800 and it never overheated and it went everywhere you pointed it, only reason I sold it was that polaris only had 2 wheel engine braking on the rear wheels and steep downhills were dangerous, they have in the 07 deluxe 500 and 800 models added a new 4 wheel engine braking system, and 08 might see this on all models. The ones made since 05 are very good built machines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh ya knew what i meant oil cooler/radiator. but thanks for clarifiing. i just figured i would hear the fan run some as much as i beat on it ya know.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
hey Topher, i can only hear my fan, on my 400 running if i shut down the engine but keep the ignition on. but when i am running i don't hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.