Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the final verdict was on the polaris belts?? Used to be alot of talk about them. Many were saying they blew apart at high speed and others claimed it was a run of bad belts. Just wondering what the story is?? So anyone thats been running one with some mileage and high speed let me know what you think?? Just curious I guess, I think I would like a stickier belt if it would have some life to it, I know you wont get the mileage of the kevlar belts but.............

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, the poo belt is working for many. It lasts over a thousand miles for many also.

The "new" thing is the XS belt from Carlisle. It's about the same stickiness as the poo, but supposedly MUCH more durable than the poo. You should be able to switch back and forth from the poo to the XS with no clutch changes. You'll certainly have to re-clutch for the stickier belts, and ODS sells the XS.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spole to Carlise today and they said its a very aggressive belt. Rpms will drop anywhere from 200-1000 depending on the sled. He said on an apex it will pull down 800rpms. This may be a good belt to replace the 034 with for those who dont want to mod the secondary or buy the 10.4 XS810 I think he said is the replacement for the 034.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, I dropped 12 grams of weight in my crossfire to run the XS. Same weights to run the polaris. These are more agressive weights though also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 17 2007, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I dropped 12 grams of weight in my crossfire to run the XS. Same weights to run the polaris. These are more agressive weights though also.[/b]
You know anyone who have used heavy hitter weights with either the poo or xs belt. Would probaly be the way to go if you dont feel like buying a bunch of weights or want to have different setups. I thought the polaris belt usually required 5 grams or so less than the stock setup. Are you running big dog weights??
I was thinking 63 gram base heavy hitters if I wanted to experiment with either of these belts. My stockers are 70 and my daltons are 72. Fett bros setup with the hh's is 69.7 I think. With the hh's I would have 63-74 grams of adjustability so I should be able to make either of the belts work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Big dog correct. I had supertips, but didn't want to take the time to tune them.

...and correction...I dropped 10 grams not 12.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 17 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Big dog correct. I had supertips, but didn't want to take the time to tune them.

...and correction...I dropped 10 grams not 12.[/b]
So you think with 63 gram base heavy hitters I should be able to make the polaris belt work with a 10.4 or the xs belt work with my 10?? I running an ods 9 helix...........they have a size smaller for the hh's but I dont think I could get them heavy enough if I go back to the 034, 14 grams of adjustability I think. Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't know how agressive heavy hitters are, but I'd assume a 63 gram base weight would be the one you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts