1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=60211:pentex_photos_031.jpg]
[attachment=60212:pentex_photos_032.jpg]
[attachment=60213:pentex_photos_035.jpg]

This is bailer belt for round bailers. It should work great I hope.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I did something similar, only I used a discarded 13" tire from a local tire shop. I cut the tread off and bolted that to the top of the blad. Worked great. Had about $1.50 in bolts/nuts/washers and that's it.

Can you buy used belts like that Cardio? I think that would be easier to work with than a tire (frickin' steel belts zingin' my hand and the curve of the tire is something I fought with).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go to your local gravel pit or stone quarry. They will have used conveyor belting (all different sizes) they will give you for free. It cost them to dispose of it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sanny I got mine for Big R and u also can get it from Ace hardware. The bolts and belt cost 14.50 not to bad. Just took a 5/16 drill bit and drilled them and it worked great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What does the belt help with? Catching cement cracks and such?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does it give you a cleaner surface? I like the idea...

Did you just sandwich it in between the wear edge and the plow blade?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I thought you were talking about the flap on the TOP of the blade. My bad. The blade is upside down in the pics...I'm a dork.

Great looking mod! I might do that as well, Casey! slick...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BriN747 @ Jan 10 2007, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does it give you a cleaner surface? I like the idea...

Did you just sandwich it in between the wear edge and the plow blade?[/b]

It will give you a cleaner surface, wont ware out your shoes on the blade. Yes I did sanwich it between the wear edge and the plow blade I did have to use 5/16 x 1.5 inch bolts.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Jan 10 2007, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought you were talking about the flap on the TOP of the blade. My bad. The blade is upside down in the pics...I'm a dork.

Great looking mod! I might do that as well, Casey! slick...[/b]
Thanks Todd Sorry for the upside down pic. Ya it does work very well. With my side walks being so old and all of the folks around me it wont tear up there side walks along with mine.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm not seeing how this works exactly...are you intending to use the rubber as the 'edge' of the blade in place of the metal edge? and how do you keep the rubber from bending back and just riding up on the snow (especially if it's wet and packed underneath)? Not knocking the idea, actually interested in it, just want to better understand how it works. I have a couple customers that I plow for that like their driveways 'clean', like if it were raining not snowing...so if this works better at obtaining that result I would love to try it. More info please....
hos

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Have you tested it out yet Cardio? Interested to hear how it worked. My new house has a lot longer driveway and it is quite rough (need to get some finer gravel in the spring) - wondering if this would be handy for me to try....

Aaron

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Barnzilla @ Jan 15 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have you tested it out yet Cardio? Interested to hear how it worked. My new house has a lot longer driveway and it is quite rough (need to get some finer gravel in the spring) - wondering if this would be handy for me to try....

Aaron[/b]
Hos It will bend back and I think it will work ok. I havent been able to use it because it hasent snowed since the mod. It just keeps the metle part from wearing out so fast. I have some buddies here who put the rubber on and they say it works great. I will post some picks. when we get more snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts