Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
54 Posts
Looks good and nicely hidden. What brand lights did you go with? I’m actually looking to do something very similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here you go. I made some brackets out of a piece of aluminum L bracket for $10 and bought these. I'm hoping when I plow this winter I'll be seen better by passing traffic because they fly by my house.

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
54 Posts
Hey Bigbrew, just checking to see if you had the lights out in the rain or anything and wondering how they are holding up regarding moisture? Also, it looks like the patterns filter through, anyway to stick with a select pattern?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bigbrew, just checking to see if you had the lights out in the rain or anything and wondering how they are holding up regarding moisture? Also, it looks like the patterns filter through, anyway to stick with a select pattern?
I have not had them out in the weather yet so I cannot speak to how well they will hold up. My wheeler is a garage queen I pretty much use it to plow in the winter and ride the kids around the yard here and there.

They are on the same pattern, they do look offby a fraction of a second in the video but if it helps people see me while I plow in ok with it for $25, they are synced to the same pattern. You can also change the pattern if you choose, I belive there's about 15 different ones you can choose from. You can get a button that will turn them on and off and let you change the pattern if you choose.

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
54 Posts
Well I guess it’s time for me to get serious about the install with winter approaching. Thank you for the follow up. I’m thinking of going with the split white/amber. Updates to come.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess it’s time for me to get serious about the install with winter approaching. Thank you for the follow up. I’m thinking of going with the split white/amber. Updates to come.
If you pull the plastic cover off your rack there is plenty of room to mount them. There's screw holes that you can use to fasten them to the bottom. I got a piece of aluminum L-brace from the Home Depot and cut them to size then used an angle grinder to get them in the shape I needed.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Amber

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
54 Posts
I have a 2011 so I’m going to have to take a different route with installation. I added the front rack extension so that gives me additional options, plus I have a cargo box so the options are becoming endless. Just want to make it look sleek like yours. This weekend is booked up so hopefully next weekend I can get the ball rolling.

Reactions: BIGBREW
1 - 10 of 10 Posts