Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New here and I don't want to go to the Dealer, was told by Leadership that he's not going to the Dealer.
Problem: 2006 CAT 400 4x4 AUTOMATIC FIS, TURNS OVER, WILL NOT START, GETTING NO SPARK

THINGS BOUGHT AND DONE: new spark plug, new ignition coil, new stater and flywheel, new cid...

LEADERSHIP TOLD ME TO ASK ALL OF YOU WHO ARE THE EXPERTS...What Now must I Do.

Thank you all very much

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
I hope you checked the ignition fuse and did it lose spark all of a sudden before you started throwing parts at it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, New here and I don't want to go to the Dealer, was told by Leadership that he's not going to the Dealer.
Problem: 2006 CAT 400 4x4 AUTOMATIC FIS, TURNS OVER, WILL NOT START, GETTING NO SPARK

THINGS BOUGHT AND DONE: new spark plug, new ignition coil, new stater andd flywheel, new cid...

LEADERSHIP TOLD ME TO ASK ALL OF YOU WHO ARE THE EXPERTS...What Now must I Do.

Thank you all very much
how many miles hours on motor?
any chance it jumped time on you?

and did you buy OEM parts(CDI) or aftermarket??
I hope you checked the ignition fuse and did it lose spark all of a sudden before you started throwing parts at it?
You mean, Leaders?? In Michigan, near Battle Creek(??)
. Hello, Thanks for all your help. I am on my phone trying to answer so I don't know if I am doing this correctly, please forgive the sins of a Newbie/Green peas. Leadership went for a short ride, parked it for a half hour or so, went to start it, all it did was turn over never fired up. I don't remember how many hours are on the unit. I will get the info from Leadership...AKA my Husband. The only available CDI for that unit is OEM, had to bend over and pay for it. The unit is getting plenty of gas just no spark.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since we haven't heard back - it must have been the kill switch:wink. I hate to admit it but that has got me more than once. The last time I towed my daughter's quad two miles down a mountain before I thought to check it. At least, I didn't tow her the whole ten miles out.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, bought a used OEM coil, installed it, IT FIRED RIGHT UP...not yelling just glad the thing I working again. So, will have to bend over and buy a new OEM coil, aftermarket just worthless. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
Good to hear it's running. Don't know how many times I've read about poor aftermarket atv parts whether it's a carb, stator or coil.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ok, bought a used OEM coil, installed it, IT FIRED RIGHT UP...not yelling just glad the thing I working again. So, will have to bend over and buy a new OEM coil, aftermarket just worthless. Thanks again for all your help.

Why are you going to buy a "new" coil when the "used" OEM coil works?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts