Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode my F7 over the weekend logging over 300 miles and noticed that the Speedometer, Tachometer and Et. cetera has been acting funny by flipping over one to another. Tried to set it back the way I wanted then it jumps like if it has it's own mind. Why is that ?.

Sounds like I'm having the same problems as the '07 F series. What gives ???.

Thank you,

AB

·
Registered
175 Posts
It happend to my 05F7, it was the sensor for the Speedo pickup on the DDrive. Dealer covered it.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (05F7efisnopro @ Feb 20 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It happend to my 05F7, it was the sensor for the Speedo pickup on the DDrive. Dealer covered it.[/b]
Since I do not have DDrive myself. Wonder what's causing the problem here ?. I'm looking at the computer screen with a blank mind. :oops:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check behind the secondary clutch, the cable driven speedo's always hooked up there, maybe there is a electronic pick up there.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Feb 20 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Check behind the secondary clutch, the cable driven speedo's always hooked up there, maybe there is a electronic pick up there.[/b]
Thanks for your advice as I'll check it out tonight to see if that is the problem or not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked it out which there's absolute no contacts in between. Everything looked fine as I played the wire around. No change as it's still flipping on it's own. I dunno

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have an 04 f7 ext and i have the same problem with mine. it switches back and forth between tach and speedo and switches between mph/kph and the needle bounces all over the place. it's been like this all season long. it seems to act up the most at idle, then once you get going it stays on whatever it last switched to and seems to register okay. i think i might have to get a new speedo head. no one seems to know whats wrong. sorry. I dunno

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told by Brodner's mechanic to try three different avenues which is...

1. Try to wiggle the wires and be sure there's no contact with any sort of metal or aluminum.

2. Try to switch the speedo/tacho between the 2 F7's and see what happens.

3. Or drop it off at dealer which he'll check it out. If it's a problem...Cat will warrant it with my $50 deductible. If it's not a problem...They'll charge me whatever the diagnosis is.

At this point of Time Being, I do not feel like messing around with the sled(s) as I want to ride tomorrow and Saturday before heading off for Texas for 5 days next week. Who knows it may be my last ride since March's around the corner. I'll work on it during the off season and come up with one of the solution(s) above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts