Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't resist. I had to get out. Short ride as it's a bit cold and digging this thing out more than once or twice is not fun.

These pics are what happened after I blasted over the snowbank. Yep, high centered, suspension topped out and tires were not touching anything solid.

[attachment=62814:IMG_0001__Large_.JPG] [attachment=62816:IMG_0002__Large_.JPG] [attachment=62815:IMG_0003__Large_.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I got it home.

Snow packed in, everywhere!

[attachment=62817:IMG_0004__Large_.JPG] [attachment=62818:IMG_0005__Large_.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wouldn't be able to resist either....and haven't in the past :super_happy:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whoo-hoo!

What happened, high gear not working? :tongue_nana:

Pushing through deep snow and staying on top is one thing, but when you get that thwup! sound and it stops and feels like you're sitting on a park bench made of concrete, it's no fun.

I "lost" a quad once going over a snow bank at a good speed. It dropped below the surface up to the handlebars into a drift as I continued out over top of the drift :)

Have fun!

-DiskDoctr

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wish I had snow that deep to play in.... I have NEVER seen snow that deep...even when I went to Yellowstone National Park.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just a little bit too deep to really get anywhere and that's as of this morning. I was out a few days ago and I could go anywhere as it wasn't over the tires yet. That's when it's the most fun! Can't go fast and the drifts will slow you down but you can still go. Not any more!

And we're getting more tomorrow!

This is what it looked like out my windows at 8 this morning.

[attachment=62822:WayneSt.JPG] [attachment=62820:OutBack.JPG] [attachment=62821:ThePool.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
You should buy a sled, most of us are killing ourselves cause we a have gotten crap for snow...
Good pics THOUGH!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (»Â°Ĉ« FĩŘЁ& @ Feb 5 2007, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You should buy a sled, most of us are killing ourselves cause we a have gotten crap for snow...
Good pics THOUGH!!![/b]
I've been thinking about it but after the past few years I just can't justify the expense and the storage issues.

Oh, and we're getting it again. Just like this morning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow so thats what snow looks like :D . I havent seen snow standing like that ever.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Now that looks like fun. That is some deep snow.
I would love to have some snow to play in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from cleaning the neighbors driveway. The lady of the house came home to find more than 2' in her driveway which she promptly got stuck in. Her husband is working late as he's on call so she was trying to shovel it! They need a snowblower, bad! I couldn't let her do it so I took mine over and let her use it while I went inside and drank his beer. :beer_cheers: (jk)

There is at least 6 and maybe as much as 8" in the ROAD that hasn't been plowed yet this evening. In fact, I haven't seen a plow since this morning! eekkk

·
Registered
239 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GreatWhiteHunter @ Feb 5 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I couldn't let her do it so I took mine over and let her use it while I went inside and drank his beer. :beer_cheers: (jk)[/b]
What a gentleman! :) I was waiting for you to say you went over and plowed it for her. But since there was beer in the fridge, I guess you really didn't have a choice! :beer_cheers:

-DiskDoctr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.