Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum, hopefully you folks can help me out with some questions.
I am planning on buying a new bike this summer, to be used as a snow plow and general mule for the most part and a trail rider second. Planning on a 60in or 72 in snow plow.

I have selected 3 model that i am primarily interested in the following order.
1) 700 LE - ( i really want fuel inject.) winter in wisconsin!!
2) 650 H2 - (i like the color)
3) 650 H1 -

What is the differences between the H1 and H2, Do all cats come with 2 inch reciever hitches (fron and back)?

what are the glaring pros and cons of each

·
Registered
429 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gspman @ Feb 16 2007, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What is the differences between the H1 and H2, Do all cats come with 2 inch reciever hitches (fron and back)?[/b]
I'm thnking that you mean "V2" as there is no H2 that I know of and just to be sure I double checked the AC website. The V2 is no longer made, 06 was the last year. It used the Kawasaki V-Twin motor.

Yes all Cats have the 2 inch receiver.

·
Registered
86 Posts
gspman I can't say I have much experience with the HI or the V2.
Last spring I bought a 700EFI & love it.
I've never been on the HI but did test ride a 2005 V2 when I bought my 700.
I personally felt the 700 was more gutsy stock & funner to ride between the two for my test run at the dealer so went with the it....I hope this don't get a fire started with the V2 owners :stop_nono: ...to each his own.
The 2005 & back V2's had a higher gear set in them then in 2006 went to a lower set & have been told it made a big improvement...V2 is also more affordable to mod than the 700EFI at this point.
The 3 quads you mentioned are all great & can't go wrong with any of them.
I'm gonna say the H1 is the biggest work horse out of the 3, but the 700 EFI is nice too but some say it has a hesitation or dead spot on the bottom end.
I don't notice it & like the power it makes...very smooth!
The CVT's on the 700 & the H1 are very similiar & very strong setups.
I have heard differant stories on the V2 & beleive it requires more attention.
Good luck with your decision, it's not an easy one...but you can't make a wrong one with those 3 either!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts