Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice and wisdom to help a few couples plan our first Wyoming ride.

We're from Wisconsin, very experienced, and all saw the Packers beat the Bears last Sunday, and the Sunday before that watched PJ Wanderscheid beat 11 other non-Arctic Cats (Brand X riders) to the World Championship finish line in Eagle River!!!! Clap

We're looking for a mix of groomed trail riding, great scenery, and beginner-level powder riding. Guided or Unguided? We've heard Centennial is a good area, but Togwotee is awesome. We'll be renting sleds.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
I can only tell you about the Snowies. Go to Albany Lodge; they rent sleds (Cat/Ski-doo), have lodging and a bar/grill. On the groomed trail that leads to meadows and hills.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Togwotee is world class mountain riding, but it is very high altitude, and while there are trails, we found them difficult to follow since it would snow and blow every night so the trails would basically dissapear. It's pretty extreme riding, and if you go there, I would strongly recommend renting a guide as well as the sleds.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ive been to both spots. Tog was beautiful & the riding was great but seemed very crowded. The Snowies are awesome as well & not as crowded. Some of the fire routes were a ton of fun down near Albany area. Ive been to Tog once & the Snowies 4 times now. Still havent seen all of the place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ride the snowies so Im biased. If the wind isnt to bad I'd hit Centenial if its blowing go to Albany for sure. There is yamaha rentals up at Centenial Cat in Albany I think $200 a day 8 to 5.
Also Ive never been to Tog. If you come out to the snowies and want someone to show you around let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts